Cecelia Ahern Books

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I've also read "PS I Love You" and "If You Could See Me Now".. like many of you, loved "PS".. wasn't so crazy about "IYCSMN." I have "A Place Called Here" on my bookshelf waiting to be read. Glad to see some of you really liked it.. This way I can look fwd to it :D

I've also read "PS I Love You" and "If You Could See Me Now".. like many of you, loved "PS".. wasn't so crazy about "IYCSMN." I have "A Place Called Here" on my bookshelf waiting to be read. Glad to see some of you really liked it.. This way I can look fwd to it :)

I read 'P.S. I love You' reluctantly. Chicklit's not really my thing, I'm more of a blood and murder person :D. It sounded like a load of mush to me but my friends all recommended it. I loved it! Then read 'At Rainbows End' and liked it even better, 'If You Could See Me Now' put me off a bit as I just couldnt get into it and gave up after about 4 chapters (although It appears that I'm not the only one who feels this way about this one :D). Have now got 'A Place Called Here' and 'The Gift' on my book shelf waiting TBR and 'Thanks for the Memories' on my wishlist. :D

Edited by Charm
typo

Hmm. I've been refusing to read these on the grounds that I'm a blood and murder person like Charm.

However, she seems to have disproved our theory, and I think I may have to try these. Hmmm. MOAR reading >_<

Hmm. I've been refusing to read these on the grounds that I'm a blood and murder person like Charm.

However, she seems to have disproved our theory, and I think I may have to try these. Hmmm. MOAR reading >_<

Hmm did I say I was a blood and murder person? Doesnt sound good at all does it ...I'm reading Darkly Dreaming Dexter at the min and when my Oh asked if I liked it I replied 'Oh Yes. If I was a serial killer I would want to be just like Dexter!' :D I'm starting to scare myself now :D.

Back to topic ... no blood and gore whatsoever in these books! :D

I knew what you meant though :D

I love Dexter too - well, the show anyway. Haven't read the books yet.

Topic: I despise chicklit. Seriously. These books had better be good, I was always under the impression having a Taoiseach father helped her get them printed. :D

Hope you don't want to off yourself w/in the first few pages, Roxi... :D Maybe you'll be just like Charm and be pleasantly suprised! You'll have to let us know how you get on with it once you give it a try. :D

I heard baaaaaaaaaaad things about the movie. But I'll give the book a go. Although not right now, I have a reading list to wade through :D

I loved the movie not because of the plot or the acting beacuse of Gerard Butler (300), Soike from Buffy and Denny from Greys anatomy alot of eyecandy!!!:D

I have ordered PS I Love You from the library i am a blood and gore person who hated chick lit but i read Marian Keyes so i am reading a bit more fluff inamongst the blood gore and classics!!

I don't have a thing for Gerard Butler (I know I know.. I'm totally in the minority on this one!) so can safely say the movie paled vastly in comparison to the book for me. -- Gerard or no Gerard :D The book is definitely much better!

I heard baaaaaaaaaaad things about the movie. But I'll give the book a go. Although not right now, I have a reading list to wade through :D

Do not watch the movie before you read the book!!! It will put you off! The book is far better, and I agree with Bethany, start with P.S I love You :D

I wouldn't recommend P.S I love you at all, I couldn't even finish it. And I watched the movie today and I wasn't impressed with that either. Sorry! :D

I know Cecelia Ahern likes her 'fairytales' but when you see it on the screen, you see how unbelievable it really is.

I do like her books but when I come to actually think of whichs ones I would recommened to someone who's never read her before...I'm a bit stuck.

I did enjoy 'Where rainbows end' when I first read it but that was years ago and I'm not sure if the style would bug me now I'm a little older?

I've only started reading "P.S. I love you!"

I hope you like it SBW! :D I just started 'The Gift' last night, not sure if its a good move or not seeing as I've just got my mojo back and chicklit's not usually for me, but thought it would be a bit more light hearted over another serial killer read. :D