Cecelia Ahern Books

Upto now I have read PS I LOve You and If You Could See Me Now, and i must say these books are great she is a fantastic author, and once you start reading the books you cant put them down because you want to know wht happens next. At moment I am reading another one of her books called A Place Called Here and I am nearly half way though and yet another great book.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Chrissy. :blush: I read PS I Love You last year (or was it the year before?!) and it was okay, if a bit predictable. Have you seen the film version?

I have Where Rainbows End on my to read pile, but will probably wait for my holiday to read that.

I much preferred PS, I love You - I thought that it was well well written and quite emotional. Her 2nd book, If You Could See Me Now was seriously disappointing - I think I voted it as one of my worst reads of the year! I'm still in two minds regarding her latest book

Hi Chrissy and welcome,

'Ps I love you' was the first Cecelia Ahern book I read and have read the rest of them too, the last one was 'A Place called Here', my favourite was 'If you could see me now'. :blush:

I have read P.S. I Love You & Where Rainbows End. Both very good, sad but enjoyable.

I have recently watched P.S. I Love You. It was ok. I prefer the book.

I have also read If You Could See Me Now. Not as good the the 2 books above.

I have not read A Place Called Here yet.

Oh god. She makes me want to gouge my own eyes out. Especially with PS I Love You.

Holly was sad. Holly cried a lot because she was sad. We know she's sad because she cries. We also know she's sad because Ahern tells us. Boo hoo, let's cry along with Holly because she's so sad.

*sigh*

Show, don't tell, Cecelia. Show, don't tell.

One thing about me is, I like to rant. :blush: I may cause offence to fans of authors I rip into for which I apologise in advance; it's all meant in jest really. And I'm glad to have made you smile!

i have just fin reading a place called here and found it was a fantastic book. I tried to start reading Where A Rainbow Ends but was really disappointed as the whole book i set out like u are reading emails its all like alex says then rosie says it bugged me so gave up after first chapter, if anyone can tell me otherwise then i aint guna pick that book back up.

I've read a few of her books but the only one I've enjoyed is P.S I Love You. The film is a decent enough adaption, though it was helped greatly by Gerard Butler <3 (even if his accent was a bit rubbish). Her other books haven't really lived up the hype, especially Where Rainbows End. Most of that book was IM conversation, which I found a bit dull. I couldn't even get through If You Could See Me Now, but apparently the ending makes up for it? I've heard they're doing an adaption of it too, starring Hugh Jackman .. so I may have to go and see it :)

Did someone mention Hugh Jackman? Ding DONG!!!

One thing doesn't make sense about Where Rainbows End. They conduct their relationship by text, email and IM...then age twenty odd years. But twenty years ago text messages didn't exist. Nor MSN. And emails were in their infancy. So how does that work?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Oh god. She makes me want to gouge my own eyes out. Especially with PS I Love You.

Holly was sad. Holly cried a lot because she was sad. We know she's sad because she cries. We also know she's sad because Ahern tells us. Boo hoo, let's cry along with Holly because she's so sad.

*sigh*

Show, don't tell, Cecelia. Show, don't tell.

Phew! I was reading this thread and thinking "It must be me!"

I hated it. I only finished it because I'm a closet masochist and I wanted to see how bad it could really get. There are very few books where I feel I've wasted part of my life by reading it, but this was one of them

Makes you wonder how this got published (*cough* Bertie Aherne's daughter *cough*)

I had to resort to a reread of Jilly Cooper's Riders, to recover :)

• 3 months later...
Anyone read her book "The Gift?" I was wondering if it was good.

I bought it for a Christmas present for my mum as she loves Cecelia Ahern's books.

I've only read one and that's "P.S. I love you"

I read The Gift recently, and although it's not her best work (I much prefer P.S. I Love You) it's still a great read. It took a while for me to get into at first but it got better. Seeing as your mum loves her books, she should like this one - hopefully :D.

I've enjoyed most of her novels. No-ones mentioned Thank for the memories? I thought that was OK. I hardly ever give up on books; I'm usually determined to finish them but with P.S I love you (I don't know why because it was a while back) I stopped like halfway through. It just didn't appeal to me at all. I don't think I'd ever re-read her book, they're just not that kind of read for me.

:D