Angel's list

Angel

Had a few days off from reading! Now started Sophie Kinsella- The Undomestic Goddess.

Also gained 3 more books!

Christie Dickason - The Firemaster's Mistress

Jim Lynch - The Highest Tide

Philippa Gregory - Virgin Earth

I need some more time to catch up on my TBR pile - it's growing again faster than I can read!!

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Currently reading The Vagrant King by E.V. Thompson. A really good read - it's all set in the years just before Charles II went into exile.
Ooh, this one sounds interesting - I'll be waiting to hear what you think of it!

Here's a synopsis courtesy of Amazon

Synopsis

Cornish farmer Joseph Moyle's loyalty to the crown goes well rewarded - his step-son Ralf is appointed page to the future Charles II. And when Ralph takes up his post Britain is in the midst of its most tumultuous period ever - the war between the Royalists and the Parliamentarians and the dawning of an entirely new era ...Ralf's duties oblige him to follow the heir to the throne through the western counties, as he learns of court intrigue and the constant threat of Cromwell's armies. And of romance. As Charles begins the first of many affairs, Ralf falls in love. But this first love is a dangerous one. Brighid is an Irish Catholic . She is also complicit in an attempt to kidnap Charles - a fact that Ralf discovers when he foils the plot ...In 1645, when the conclusive Battle of Naseby marks ultimate defeat for the Royalists, Ralf follows Charles into exile. His return finds him more experienced, promoted to personal secretary - and desperate to return to Cornwall. But after ten years of loyal service to Charles, Ralf's dreams of the homecoming to his beloved Trecarne are shattered...

Reading that amount of books AND finding tmie to live the rest of your life as well as bringing up kids is amazing - I don't know how you do it! Here's to another year of good reading!