Featured Author - Tess Gerritsen

Tess, thank you so much for being here, and for your replies. I note that you also wrote some romance novels. Is this where you started, or if so, what brought about the change to the thrillers etc you write now?

Michelle,

my first books were romances -- because I enjoyed reading them so much during the stressful years of my medical training. I wrote my first thriller (HARVEST) because the premise was so gripping that I couldn't NOT write it.

HARVEST ended up launching my thriller career, and was so successful that I've continued writing thrillers ever since.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the month is almost over.

Tess, I must say I've been thrilled to be reading your replies here, and can I second the request that you stick around and pop into this forum in the future?

thanks to everyone for being so welcoming, and for the great questions! I'll certainly drop in from time to time in the future!

Tess, I'm not sure if you're still about, but I just wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed Vanish. I've literally just finished it this evening and from the very first page, right up till the very end it had me completely hooked.

The only little bug bear I have with it (and I need to be careful here in order to avoid spoiling it for those that haven't read it yet) is that although you told us how Olena and Mila met Joe and how he got involved in the whole conspiracy thing to begin with, it was never actually revealed just how Olena ended up in the morgue the first time around (or at least I don't think it was).

Was her 'death' an unsucessful attempt on her life by the people who were after her or was it all part of her and Joe's big plan to bring the truth out into the open? I didn't quite get that part and hope you don't mind me asking.

Tess, I'm not sure if you're still about, but I just wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed Vanish. I've literally just finished it this evening and from the very first page, right up till the very end it had me completely hooked.

The only little bug bear I have with it (and I need to be careful here in order to avoid spoiling it for those that haven't read it yet) is that although you told us how Olena and Mila met Joe and how he got involved in the whole conspiracy thing to begin with, it was never actually revealed just how Olena ended up in the morgue the first time around (or at least I don't think it was).

Was her 'death' an unsucessful attempt on her life by the people who were after her or was it all part of her and Joe's big plan to bring the truth out into the open? I didn't quite get that part and hope you don't mind me asking.

Hi Karen,

thought I'd check the board one more time, and glad I saw your question!

*****SPOILER BELOW! *****

That scene at the yacht club was a bit of a clue as to how Olena ended up in the water. Yes, she had gone to the journalist to deliver the videotape, and was betrayed. They'd drugged her and tossed her into the water at the yacht club -- but she managed to survive. Hope this explains things!