Katie Fforde

I have recently began reading books by Katie Fforde - they seem to be very popular at my local library (a book-buying budget crisis has sent me there quite regularly lately).

Ms Fforde's books are beautifully written, and very easy to get in to. There is not a lot of high drama to keep you reading, but the characters and relationships between them are very engaging and enough to make you want to turn each page. That is a skill in itself.

If you fancy some mild escapism, I would recommend 'Practically Perfect'. Practically perfect reading...except the reference to Cavalier dogs being dumb!

Kerri

• 2 months later...

I've read both Practically Perfect and Going Dutch. I don't know, they were okay. A bit 'blah' at times. I don't know if I can put it properly to fully explaing how I felt, but I was left a bit indifferent by them. When I bough them I did proceed to read them rather fast, they kept me at it, yes. But when I cleaned out some paperbacks they were on the list without second-guessing. My Friend With Huge Boobs is reading Practically Perfect right now, and said she knows how it's going to end in advance. And she guessed correctly. And I think they are pretty predictable. But then again, which chick lit isn't?

I love it too! It was the first Carole Matthews book I read. I thought it was so emotional - had me in tears! :D

The first book I ever read as an adult was 'With or Without You' so then I bought all her others :) Its a great book and it isnt like your usual 'chit lit' type :)

hehe!:D This is a fun thread! As you can tell by my name, I'm a huge Chick Lit fan and about a third of the books I read are predictable but so are the movies and tv shows I watch. That is why when I find authors that shake me up with twists and surprising endings, I will keep going back to them.

Thanks for all the good suggestions for authors like that.

My favorite author who never lets me down is Jane Porter.

I've never read Katie Fforde but have considered picking up one of her books. I'm guessing I should do it?

I like Erica James, nice easy chick lit books

• 3 weeks later...

I have read everyone of Katie Fforde's novels and love them for their "sense of place" and happy endings! Sometimes have to wait a while for them to be published here in the USA but the wait is worth it! And then when the title is changed a person can be fooled into thinking they are getting a new book from Katie and it's one you've already read!

Grammyva :)

Katie Fforde is a personal friend, but I read and enjoyed her books long before that. I don't know that I have a particular favourite, they're all entertaining and warm and enjoyable. Her books are my mother's particular comfort read. If there's nothing she fancies or she's got the reading blahs, she re-reads a Katie Fforde.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This afternoon I finished reading Katie Fforde's latest book, Wedding Season, and it was great! I love reading books that take place in England and love the vocabulary and customs and this book did not disappoint me. Perhaps I enjoyed this one so much since my granddaughter was married last Summer and I could really relate to all the planning etc.! I've read all Fforde's books and they keep getting better and better!

Grammyva

I love Katie Fford. They are very easy to read and all quite similar but they are good to escape into. I have just read highland fling which was good but my favourite is probably practically perfect! Her books do not provide excitement or shock but they are easy going and always have a happy ending! :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I've read a few of Katie Fforde's books and generally really enjoyed them. Particularly liked Wedding Season and Practically Perfect. What's your favourite? as i can't decided which one to read next.

thanks. :D

Edited by Michelle
thread merged with existing one :)