Help needed with dystopian titles

Gelfling

• 4 months later...

I think most works of Phillip K Dick are worth a look. He has a couple of collections of short stories that will blow your mind, things like second variety, penultimate truth, Minority Report. Really good.
I also liked Vurt by Jeff Noon. A bit more cyberpunk maybe, its hard to narrow down those really specific subgenres, but either way its cool.

• 2 weeks later...

Some less well known classic dystopias would be Kallocain by Karen Boye, about a scientist who develops a truth drug in a communistic kind of state, and War with the Newts by Karel Capek, which describes how the world changes as men discovers an intelligent and highly capable species of amphibians, and starts to exploit them.

There's also The Giver, which I did not see mentioned. It's a children's book, but it's still my favorite dystopia.

• 4 months later...

This is my first post here and I think I am a bit late to this subject but I have just read The Fireman by Joe Hill and would really recommend it.  Like his dad he makes you really care about his characters.  It's about a virus that makes people burst into flames but it's not as daft as it sounds!

On ‎06‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 3:51 PM, Gillian said:

This is my first post here and I think I am a bit late to this subject but I have just read The Fireman by Joe Hill and would really recommend it.  Like his dad he makes you really care about his characters.  It's about a virus that makes people burst into flames but it's not as daft as it sounds!

I brought a copy of this last weekend, so that's good to know. I always said that about Stephen King books - they are great, but wen you try to describe the plot to someone, they come out sounding really daft!

On 08/06/2017 at 7:59 PM, ian said:

I brought a copy of this last weekend, so that's good to know. I always said that about Stephen King books - they are great, but wen you try to describe the plot to someone, they come out sounding really daft!

I hope you enjoy it!