Autobiographies and Biographies

Michelle

Is That It? by Bob Geldof was interesting, surprising, and sentimental, he was besotted by Paula Yates when he wrote it (pre Michael Hutchence). Any follow up should be interesting giving it's 20+ years since Live Aid.

The Ragman's Son by Kirk Douglas, I loved this book, it is full of things I didn't know about him. I love the part about how his father stopped smoking. He has a lovely writing style and I would like to read some of his fiction too.

Don't Laugh At Me by Norman Wisdom is worth reading. his childhood is pretty dismal but despite that he became a big star.

Also read I Am Jackie Chan , I am a fan and wan't dissapointed. If you're not a martial arts fan but have an interest in Chinese culture or an interest in movie making you should still find it interesting.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read Geri Halliwell's years ago but that was it until this year when I read;

Duane "Dog" Chapman - You Can Run But You Can't Hide

Peter Kay - The Sound of Laughter

Alan Carr - Look Who It Is

Peter Kay and Alan Carr's had me in stitches :).

I would like to read Julie Walters next - she's fab so I might get it soon.

I'm reading 'My Booky Wook' by Russell Brand and I'm really struggling to stay interested in it. I'm about half way through it now and to be honest its starting to bore me :lol:. Its a shame really cause I really like Russell, I like his standup and love his Ponderland shows too . My stubborness has so far stopped me giving up on this book but my resolve is wavering! :)

I'm reading 'My Booky Wook' by Russell Brand and I'm really struggling to stay interested in it. I'm about half way through it now and to be honest its starting to bore me :lol:. Its a shame really cause I really like Russell, I like his standup and love his Ponderland shows too . My stubborness has so far stopped me giving up on this book but my resolve is wavering! :lol:

Try and continue! I thought it was brilliant and I read it in about 3 days! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Touching from a Distance by Deborah Curtis,about her life with Joy Divisions late lead singer Ian.Excellent read

The Moons a Balloon by David Niven brilliant insight into the golden years of hollywood

Blessed by George Best. Quite sad really,I read it the week he died made the book quite poingant.Not just for Manu fans either

I've read:

Sharon Osbourne (Both Extreme and Survivor)

Jack Osbourne

That Pete guy from Big Brother

Jordan (Never again!!)

I think I've read others but I can't think of which ones. I would like to read one about an inspirational person. I'm fond of Michael J. Fox and would love to read his, would anyone recommend that?

I don't know if Marylin Manson has one, but if he has, I'd love to read it. Hes one of those wonderfully understated minds out there, because of how the public percieves his stage persona :D

I did hear he was a very intelligent, thoughtful man. I can understand why that would be hard to believe if you based your opinions on his image.

Hes awesome. I love the guy. Hate his music, but I love him. (Although he does great cover versions.) But I've always had a soft spot for him - to me he embodies every falsely accused personality. The best bit is he just doesn't care that people don't know, and rightfully so.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Long_Hard_Road_Out_of_Hell

Edited by Nollaig

Two of my all time favourite autobiographies are The Damage Done by Warren Fellows and For The Sins Of My Father by Albert DeMeo. Both were un-put-downable but in totally different ways.

Oh, The Damage Done was a fantastic read. I agree - it was unputdownable! I'm not generally a fan of (auto)biographies, but my dad bought me a biography of Bob Dylan, which I read last month. It was absolutely fascinating.