What's the last CD you 'bought'?

Michelle

Since I last posted in this thread, I've bought:

The White Stripes - Icky Thump (not sure yet, still need to keep listening to it)

The Hold Steady - Boys and Girls in America (not as good as I thought it would be...!)

New Young Pony Club - Fantastic Playroom (much better than I thought it would be!)

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'The Boy With No Name' by Travis

My eldest son and I went to see them here in Aberdeen about a month ago.....they were FAB....so had to rush out and buy the CD.

Let's see...I had to think way back but the last CD I actually bought was Wolfsheim's Spectators. The only reason I was interested in the CD were the songs "Heroin She Said" and "K

The White Stripes - Icky Thump (not sure yet, still need to keep listening to it)

Yes, I need to listen to it a few more times too, although initial impressions are that I like it a lot. I got into the White Stripes through Get Behind Me Satan (one of the best albums ever!) and this one is a bit different (not in a bad way though).

Joan Armatrading is amazing, had forgotten just how good she is.

My dad went to go see her live (actually, I think he's seen her twice in 12 months!): he says she's fantastic live :lol:

Yes, I need to listen to it a few more times too, although initial impressions are that I like it a lot.

It is growing on me now... I love 'Conquest' and 'You Don't Know What Love Is (You Just Do As You're Told)'.

What are your highlights, Kylie?

I got into the White Stripes through Get Behind Me Satan (one of the best albums ever!) and this one is a bit different (not in a bad way though).

Oddly, I don't have Get Behind Me, Satan. I have all the others (although Elephant is my favourite) but I never got around to buying it! I think it was because my housemate bought it and wasn't that keen... I do love 'Blue Orchid' tho'. (But if I ever hear 'Doorbell' on the radio again... :motz:My least favourite White Stripes song!!)

It is growing on me now... I love 'Conquest' and 'You Don't Know What Love Is (You Just Do As You're Told)'.

What are your highlights, Kylie?

Conquest also stands out for me. It's a song that immediately stuck in my mind and I keep coming back to it. I still need to listen more to get to know the other songs better.

Oddly, I don't have Get Behind Me, Satan. I have all the others (although Elephant is my favourite) but I never got around to buying it! I think it was because my housemate bought it and wasn't that keen... I do love 'Blue Orchid' tho'. (But if I ever hear 'Doorbell' on the radio again... :motz:My least favourite White Stripes song!!)

I love Blue Orchid, Little Ghost, The Denial Twist and I'm Lonely (But I Ain't That Lonely). I think the whole album is brilliant. I think The White Stripes are brilliant :thud: I don't know their other albums so well yet, but I do love Seven Nation Army from Elephant.

• 1 month later...
the best of James bond

it's a collection of various artists through the years singing the songs that were the themes of bond movies

I used to have that on tape - it was excellent!