Bookmarks!

Michelle

I have lots of bookmarks scattered about but not a single one is between the pages of my book!

I usually use any old piece of paper I have to hand, at the moment it's a theatre ticket.

More often than not I have a piece of paper handy to jot down any words I come across while reading that I want to check in the dictionary. That usually acts as a perfectly decent bookmark.

• Replies 966
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have a draw full of bookmarks that I have mainly collected from bookshops and libraries but I still memorize the page numbers because I have a son who thinks it's funny to move the bookmark to other pages.

My favourite bookmarks are the ones the kids have made, second to that are the leather ones that are gold embossed.

Most of my bookmarks are just slips of paper or whatever. I also use things that I find in library and second hand books. I have found two photos in second hand books I use. One is of a very lonely looking sheep on a hillside, the other of a load of anniversary cards on a shelf. I always see bookmarks to buy but I am so bad at losing them down the back of the sofa or whatever that it's a bit pointless buying them.

I keep meaning to sew my own bookmarks. I have some lovely ones that I could cross-stitch and then get laminated at work.

The trouble is do I read....or sew.... or read....or sew.....????:lol:

That's my daily dilemma when I am off work!!! Due to the appalling light today, it was too dark to attempt cross stitch or hand embroidery and my back was hurting too much to lean over the sewing machine machine, the books won :jump:

Most of my bookmarks are just slips of paper or whatever. I also use things that I find in library and second hand books. I have found two photos in second hand books I use. One is of a very lonely looking sheep on a hillside, the other of a load of anniversary cards on a shelf. I always see bookmarks to buy but I am so bad at losing them down the back of the sofa or whatever that it's a bit pointless buying them.

That why they are so cheap :jump:

I was horrified to find a square of CLEAN toilet paper in my husband's book once. I went to move it off of the coffee table to dust it and saw this piece of loo roll poking out :jump:. I wouldn't mind but we have a drawer full of bookmarks and we always buy them when we visit places of interest. I really did have quite a lot to say on the matter:motz::lol:.

Needless to say, he hasn't done it since...!!!:lol:

I was horrified to find a square of CLEAN toilet paper in my husband's book once. I went to move it off of the coffee table to dust it and saw this piece of loo roll poking out :jump:. I wouldn't mind but we have a drawer full of bookmarks and we always buy them when we visit places of interest. I really did have quite a lot to say on the matter:motz::lol:.

Needless to say, he hasn't done it since...!!!:lol:

That is funny. Very creative! :D

I've lost my favourite (and only) bookmark. I know it's in my bedroom somewhere though as I was reading yesterday, but when I went to put my bookmark in to keep my place it was nowhere to be found. I've searched high and low and can't find it anywhere!

I bought a bookmark today Kylie, so we'll see if the old one turns up.

I'm so annoyed as I have searched high and low for it and I know that it's here somewhere (or at least it should be), but I have no idea where. The only thing I can think of is maybe it got caught up in something and I've thrown it out by accident.

I have a wooden page clip thing with 'Canada' written on it - it was a holiday gift to one of my children which I have 'borrowed'.

I bought my mum a clip bookmark last xmas, wrapped it and it has never been seen since!! It must have been taken by Mr Nobody who lives in my house. Which reminds me of a poem I read in childhood about 'Mr Nobody' who did all sort of things in your house that no one else owned up to - I must google it and find readit again. It made such an impression all those years ago.