Bookmarks!

Michelle

• Replies 966
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm horrible with bookmarks - I'm always losing them! At the moment I'm using one with cocktail recipes on it (I went to a talk for a hospitality course), although I'm not sure how long that one will last before it too goes missing. Usually I just use a trivial pursuit card - that way I learn something new everytime I open my book :)

Sometimes with swap I get a postcard inside it. Also have various others. My youngest made a bookmark at school once and they laminated them...so I use that a lot.

Also was sent to lovely bookstrings from someone in the USA I did book trade with on Bookcrossing.....they are unusual.

• 2 weeks later...

I use the first piece of paper I can find to hand be it a receipt or a price tag or old envelope. Sometimes when I clear out my purse or handbag and I come across old cinema or train tickets I tuck them into books I know I will read in the future ready to use as bookmarks! It's always a nice surprise to come across a ticket of a favourite film I enjoyed tucked in a book I had forgotten about.

• 10 months later...

I need more bookmarks. I'm currently using a dog eared old leather one that I've had for YEARS. When I was younger I had a metal one with a butterfly shaped hook that hooked over the spine of the book. I wonder if I still have it somewhere.

I noticed something weird about myself. When I was going through my books a few weeks ago and getting rid of some, I would take out any little scraps of paper I had been using as a bookmark...but then when I needed a new one, I found one of the old scraps and re-used it. I didn't throw it away, and I didn't simply tear off another little piece of paper to use.

By the way, my nice copy of Anne of Green Gables is slung over the arm of the chair in my living room! I need to find another scrap of paper...:D

I used to be grabbing random bits of paper all the time to mark pages but i finally dragged my finger from my backside and bought 30 bookmarks off ebay for a few pounds. My books are now generally in better condition and my paper is saved from tears.

• 1 month later...

For me I have two bookmarks.

My first one has a picture of a wolf in the snow. It is an images of Canada one. I love this one and use it the most.

My second one is metal with brown leather. It has the quote "May you live everyday of your life," inscribed on it. The quote is by Jonathan Swift.

Sorry to bring this back up. I just thught I would share :lol:

I never use a bookmark and just remember where I am. It might take a quick flip back and forth, but it only takes a few seconds. I have never used a bookmark. Although, I really like the idea of bookmarks I never use them. Maybe I don't use bookmarks because I know, me being me, that I will loose them. Maybe because I can't be bothered with them. Maybe it's because I'm a londoner! Who knows? It's a mystery. I might buy a bookmark and try it out some time...

Ah, and this made me laugh

heh - i treat books terrible. they get turned down on the corners, read in the bath, chucked at people, covered in fingerprints...
LOL