Bookmarks!

Michelle

• Replies 966
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't really pay special attention to looking after my books and I find it strangely relaxing settling down with a well thumbed book. I've even got a couple that will automatically open to a favorite scene if laid down flat :lol:

If it's not mine I'll treat it with kid gloves. I sometimes swap books with a friend who is the complete opposite - I once had to buy a replacement for a book he'd read twice and he didn't notice the swap. I don't know how he reads the text close to the spine when his thumbs are only 2 inches apart! :roll:

I have been known to use anything as a bookmark, even sheets of loo roll (clean ones of course :)). Right now I am using the bookmarks I received as part of the nursery photograph package of my youngest. Nice to see his cheeky little face before and after reading. :lol:

I have been known to use anything as a bookmark, even sheets of loo roll (clean ones of course :lol:). Right now I am using the bookmarks I received as part of the nursery photograph package of my youngest. Nice to see his cheeky little face before and after reading. :lol:

Aww that's lovely :)

They are, they're such lovely people

I've just realised i didnt wish you a happy birthday Frankie!! :eek: I'm so rude!! :lol:

I hope you had a lovely day with loads of goodies and pressies!! :):lol:

I got a beautiful metal rod bookmark with a bead and black tassel on it along with Therapy by Sebastian Fitzek from Bev today in the post!! :lol: I love it!! Its so me too ;)

I've just realised i didnt wish you a happy birthday Frankie!! :eek: I'm so rude!! :lol:

I got a beautiful metal rod bookmark with a bead and black tassel on it along with Therapy by Sebastian Fitzek from Bev today in the post!! :lol: I love it!! Its so me too ;)

Hahaa, it's quite alright Charm :lol::)

Oooh, Therapy and a bookmark, what excellence! Looking forward to your review!

I got a beautiful metal rod bookmark with a bead and black tassel on it along with Therapy by Sebastian Fitzek from Bev today in the post!! :lol: I love it!! Its so me too :lol:

Glad you like the bookmark, I saw it and thought of you. Classy, but with a hint of beads & tassels !! :lol:

Hope you enjoy the book as much as I did.

:)

I got 5 bookmarks for Christmas! (Plus of course the one from Bev :lol:)

Two magnetic ones - Little Miss Chatterbox from my daughter :lol: and Little Miss Sunshine :lol: from my hubby and two novelty clip ones.

I also got a calendar bookmark where you tear out the appropriate month and it is then just like a normal card type bookmark for that month. A friend of mine got it for me in London when she was there recently and it has some beautiful gothic pictures on it :).

• 2 weeks later...

I was checking out the bookmarks in Borders the other day and came across their Book Thongs (basically a piece of string or similar with beads at both ends to keep it in place). I bought a gorgeous one that is now adorning one of my current reads.

I love the idea of these and I've been inspired to try creating my own. I think I'll head to the nearest beading shop on the weekend! The book thongs are just the unique thing I've been looking for. :D

I love bookmarks. Friends often buy me them as gifts as they know what a bookworm I am. I collect those leather ones from places I've visited.

My favourite bookmarks to actually use are the magnetic ones because they don't fall out, especially when travelling!

I love my bookmarks and (now this is sad) I often choose a bookmark for a new book I'm reading:smile2: When I visit places of interest, I usually end up buying bookmarks - from leather ones at Cathedrals to getting free ones from Borders. I bought some lovely ones made of elephant dung when I was in Thailand!! I've got a lovely laminated one of a stained glass window in my present book.

Edited by SueK