Bookmarks!

Michelle

I am a terrible reader, I commit the sin of *whispers* turning down the pages of paperbacks! I use the jacket to mark hardbacks. I almost never use a bookmark.

I once had a library book with a piece of bacon rind in it as a bookmark!

Debbie

lol I have to admit to doing that too but only with my own books. As for bacon rind, eurgh!

I have bought a few bookmarks over the years but always lose them so usually just use post it notes, scraps of paper etc.

I use the jacket on a hardback usually - I take the jacket off the book while I read it though - does anyone else do that?

. :?

Yes, thought it was just me!

Edited by Michelle
merged :)

• Replies 966
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My OH got one of those magnetic ones that you open and then put over the page and close it again. A Mr Man one out of Waterstones no less :) (Mr Cool of course). In his defense it was a birthday present :) But I thought it was really good cause it wont fall out ... plus if you lose it they aren't expensive to replace. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, I have tons of bookmarks! The one I'm using right now is white with black text on it that says "Shhhhh! I'm trying to read." Or something similar to that.

One little weird thing I have to do with my bookmarks, though, is if they come with those strings and beads on them, I cut the string off. I have two cats and if I didn't do what I did, they would go crazy playing with them. So yea, my bookmarks look a little odd with the hole punched through them and nothing in there, but it's a lot easier to deal with.

I have four gorgeous bookmarks that are my favourites, and about six others that take second place in my affections.

What is currently keeping my page place?

A chocolate box card (that says which choccies are which)!

*psst* it stills smell chocolatey!

I usually have ones that are free on the side in waterstones, the book advert type ones, or if i can't find one of them then a scrap of craft paper or whatever else I can find is used. I never fold the pages, I used to when I was a teen but I grew out of that a long time ago, and like some of the others here I take the covers off hardbacks when I'm about to read them so they don't get damaged.

I pretty much use the same one for most of the books I read; a multi coloured stripey one :). For some reason, when I read the Twilight series though I used a photograph of the sunset which actually turned out to be both ironic and perfect for the whole series. I picked it up without even looking when I realised I didn't have my usual bookmark with me and just used it for the whole series :D

I only have one, which has Mona Lisa on it and i adore it, but it's really worn now, I could kick myself for not picking up 2 of them! I'd like to buy more but I've looked online and other than stitching my own, which I intend to try next year, there aren't any nice ones you can buy online.

I can finally say that I have a real bookmark! It's my birthday today and my BF's parents sent me a packet and there was this beautiful birthstone angel bookmark! My BF must have mentioned that I like to read books :lol: It's so sweet, I've always liked turquoise that happens to be my birthstone.

I can finally say that I have a real bookmark! It's my birthday today and my BF's parents sent me a packet and there was this beautiful birthstone angel bookmark! My BF must have mentioned that I like to read books :roll: It's so sweet, I've always liked turquoise that happens to be my birthstone.

Oh thats lovely Frankie :lol: They sound really nice ... good in-laws material!! :P

I bought a magnetic Little Miss Naughty bookmark today, as well as kitten bookmark calendar pack which has a pull out bookmark for each month with a cute kitten pic on and a small calendar at the bottom :P

I saw those calendar bookmarks last year in the calendar shop (obviously :roll:) which had pictures of Paris on them - but I didn't buy them for some reason and now I can't find them this year :lol:

I saw those calendar bookmarks last year in the calendar shop (obviously :roll:) which had pictures of Paris on them - but I didn't buy them for some reason and now I can't find them this year :lol:

I got mine in Clinton Cards, perhaps they will have some if there's a shop near you :P

P.S. Just googled it, and they have some for sale on amazon here and there's a fair amount with different things on :P

Edited by lexiepiper