The Time Machine by H.G Wells

All read:D

Still to finish:

Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen

Edited by Weave
edit of list

• 1 month later...

I have left this for so long, there should be tumbleweeds blowing around:lol:

I tried and failed with 'Sense and Sensibility' but I will go back to it. I am currently reading 'Pride and Prejudice' by Jane Austen, it is so lovely. ;)

Edited by Weave

• 2 weeks later...

I found Pride and Prejudice much nicer to read than Sense and Sensibility. Don't know why, they're both really good stories! Weird...

Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen I've read this and kept imagining Greg Wise as I did so. Mmm...Yummy!

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen Sorry, but I don't see what all the fuss is about. Shoot me now if you must, but I found it a bit bleh.

Mansfield Park by Jane Austen Fanny! Who calls their heroine Fanny?! :) I think she's the most passive character in fiction. She doesn't do anything; she waits for other people's behaviour to change. Although the film added a completely unnecessary sex-scene that Austen never would have written (and did not) James Purefoy was in the fillum. Wearing jodhpurs. Rrr!

Emma by Jane Austen Jeremy Northam. I'll say this for Austen, when she makes her books into fillums, she chooses the hunky guys to play the hero!

Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen Haven't read this.

Persuasion by Jane Austen Or this.

My Cousin Rachel by Daphne Du Maurier Or this!

Sabbath's Theater by Philip Roth Is this a 'classic' in the triest sense of the word?

The Tenant of Wildfell Hall by Anne Bront

Prospero, one thing that may make P&P seem blah is that it's so gone-over. It's the one Austen everyone knows and refers to and you easily just get to a point where you just have Lizzy Bennet coming out of your ears!

I liked Persuasion, it's one of my favourites, despite the fact that I'm very much the opposite of Anne, the heroine, and therefore found it hard to relate to her. I loved Capt. Wentworth, though!

Prospero, cool your boots there, blah, bleh, whatever...:)

ii, I know what you mean about Pride and Prejudice. :tong:

Blah? BLAH??? I never accused it of being 'blah'.

I said 'bleh'.

Honestly. You people.

Sorry! I got lost in translation there for a bit! My bad. I deeply appologise.

My Cousin Rachel by Daphne Du Maurier

I read this last year and totally loved it. The only problem was that I took it on holiday and read it on the beach but didn't find it light enough for a beach read. But that was my fault. I'm taking Bridget Jones, or Dean Koontz on holiday this year.

Anyway, really hope you enjoy it. I love DDM!! ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Finished 'The War of the Worlds' by HG Wells, it was readable and very much a classic I felt but very long winded at times. :lol:

Finished 'The Invisible Man' by HG Wells, I enjoyed it more than 'The World of the Worlds':lol:

• 2 weeks later...