Stuck in Neutral by Terry Trueman

angerball

I read this delightful little book in one sitting, last night. It kept me up till midnight, it was so good. :welcome:

When I first heard about it, I thought it would be a dense, thick book, and I never would have thought it would be classified as Young Adult Fiction!

It is written through the eyes of 14 year old Shawn McDaniel, who has cerebal palsy. While he has no muscle control whatsoever, in his mind he is as vibrant and alive as the next person. However, his father believes him to be suffering and in a great deal of pain (especially when he has seizures, which ironically is the only time Shawn feels free), and is contemplating a 'mercy-killing'.

Anyone read this one? (I know you have, Kell. :006:)

Yes, I read it last September and gave it 10/10 - a very rare occurance for me! It was such a pleasant surprise - so beautifully and touchingly written and really makes you think about things from Shawn's point of view - it's one of those books that gives you a good shake-up!