Goodreads

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Sedgewick
Just registered on Goodreads, can someone tell me how i can do a search on the highest rated books on the site?
That would probably be a futile venture. Something tells me that Harry Potter, The Kite Runner, and Lord of the Rings are going to be somewhere near the top.

• 8 months later...

I was thinking about signing up for this but I'd like to know if there are any limitations to how many books you can add to your bookshelf? LT has the limit of 200 (if I remember correctly) and I was wondering if Goodreads also has a limitation :lol:

Frankie, as far as I'm aware, there is no limit to the amount of books you can add (but please someone correct me if I've got that wrong). I use both LT and GoodReads, for different purposes. I list all of my books on LT, and review and rate them. On GoodReads, I just list the books I have read, or the books I plan to read in the coming year. I rate them, but don't review them.

I joined and listed all my books, which took many many hours but I'm quite pleased that it's done now :) Now it's easier to see how many books are on my TBR etc. etc.

Question: Can you list some of your TBR books as a separate list of books to be read? For example I'm going to read the books on Rory's books list and would like to somehow differentiate them from the other to-be-read books.

You should be able to create a new shelf for them, Frankie. In your list of books, there'll be a column called Shelves. Click on Edit and there will be an option to add a new shelf. Hope that helps! :lol:

Thanks Kylie, that did help! Now I'm enjoying bookreads even more, I was so bothered that Rory books were right there all mixed up with the others :)

• 2 weeks later...

*sighs* I just spent the whole evening transferring my library thing books to goodreads... Why? No reason :blush: Just sounded like a fun thing to keep myself occupied! Seriously, I was curious about what it was like so of course I had to try it and so now I'm there. *laughs*

It does seem more friendly than library thing, which is a bit too big and polished for my taste. And (like many people on here it seems :lol:) I like tinkering with these sort of things. :roll:

So, that's me: http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/1859584 Feel free to add me! I'm a bit lonely there at the moment *laughs*

I think I might have signed up for this ages ago but please stop saying it is great or that's another place I spend hours:)

*cracks up* I just steered clear (with some effort) from the "shelfari' thread... cause two new internet libraries in a day might be too much :roll:

• 2 months later...

I was able to send a friend request to everybody but Echo and Kell. For some reason I can't find you guys. =/

If you didn't get a friend request it's because I don't like you. :lol: j/k (Sorry, I couldn't help myself.) Let's try this again, If you didn't get a friend request I accidentally skipped you so please add me. I'm Fionen.