Goodreads

Yes, I noticed that too. I should have pointed that out in my previous post, sorry! That's why I had to go to one of the groups and try someone there - because it didn't work with my own friends.

I have the www.goodreads.com page bookmarked, and because I'm always automatically logged in, it takes me to a page showing recent updates from my friends. Do you get that as well?

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have the www.goodreads.com page bookmarked, and because I'm always automatically logged in, it takes me to a page showing recent updates from my friends. Do you get that as well?

I don't have it bookmarked but I'm always logged on and when I open my browser it always starts with the sites from my previous Opera session, so I always have goodreads automatically opened. But I use goodreads mostly to list my read books so it's usually opened on that page. But I guess if I logged out and started from the main page it would show me my friends' latest updates. Good idea, thanks :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I cannot find any of you guys in order to 'add' you. The site is a complete anathema to me. Once I find someone I can see how you can click to ask them to add you .. but how do you find them in the first place?

I've just been able to look at random people so far on the 'explore people' button.

I would be delighted if you add me .. and I can add you :lurker: .. and I would be liberated from my current friendless state.

Actually I must be able to do a link to me ....

http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/2677368

Course I'll add you :) I'm very new at it. Thought it was about time I did some serious organizing of my bookshelves and work on improving my review writing. I used to use some application on Facebook but it just wasn't working.

Edit: I couldn't find you on there either. Here is a link to my profile if that helps.

http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/3539726

Edited by CaliLily

Course I'll add you :D I'm very new at it. Thought it was about time I did some serious organizing of my bookshelves and work on improving my review writing. I used to use some application on Facebook but it just wasn't working.

Okay I've added you now :) It was high time you joined the merry GR family, it'll be easier for me to stalk your reading processes :) The Facebook application that I'm using is quite hopeless, I hate it (the Visual Bookshelf one).

Happy organising! ;)

Yay, just stalked you back :)

Yeah, I used that Visual Bookshelf one too and it is pretty much worthless next to something like Goodreads. I'm still adding all of my books and stuff (*sigh*...it will take a while!)

Thank you so much guys ... yay!!!! :)

It's such fun putting all your books on your bookshelves. I like the 'Goodreads' site because you can normally find the right covers too.

It's taking me forever to sort them though.

It's such fun putting all your books on your bookshelves. I like the 'Goodreads' site because you can normally find the right covers too.

It is a lot of fun :) I can't believe how many books I've read. Its so weird seeing them all added up like that. The website itself is so accessable.

Okay so I'm just now discovering this Goodreads thing. Should I join? I'm just worried I won't keep up with it :).

I say its worth a go. Its really user-friendly and it makes keeping track of your TBR pile sooo easy. In the few days I've been on it I already feel much more organized with my 'piles'.

Do it :D

Well frankie of course! :lol: There's a Book Club Forum -group there as well, you'll find some of us there.

I just discovered the whole 'groups' feature earlier today! That is really cool :motz: I joined the BCF one and the Rory Gilmore Challenge one. Any other recommendations or tips for newbies?