Goodreads

thank you :) I’m glad it’s okay now. Funny thing is because I deleted it off and put it back on it says date added 2nd June 2018 and date read 2nd June 2018 but still has my progress saved such as “I am on page 210 of 400” etc. So I’m pretty pleased with that. I just think goodreads is a peculiar thing at times.  

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Lau_Lou said:

thank you :) I’m glad it’s okay now. Funny thing is because I deleted it off and put it back on it says date added 2nd June 2018 and date read 2nd June 2018 but still has my progress saved such as “I am on page 210 of 400” etc. So I’m pretty pleased with that. I just think goodreads is a peculiar thing at times.  

That's pretty good :). I agree, GoodReads can be peculiar sometimes!

• 8 months later...

I don't see it either :(. It's not where it used to be! I really liked that feature too. Such a shame they removed it :(.

GoodReads post about features recently removed

We're not the only ones who are sorry to see the Most Read Authors feature gone, without notice (the topic has 10 pages when I'm writing this).

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...

Has anyone noticed their read shelf is inaccurate? When I add a book read it goes towards my reading challenge and the number of ratings is accurate but the amount on my read shelf is down by one book. I am not sure why this is. Also goodreads help is well unhelpful. All it does is come up with a blank page. 

25 minutes ago, Lau_Lou said:

Has anyone noticed their read shelf is inaccurate? When I add a book read it goes towards my reading challenge and the number of ratings is accurate but the amount on my read shelf is down by one book. I am not sure why this is. Also goodreads help is well unhelpful. All it does is come up with a blank page. 

Mine seems to be working ok but in the whole Goodreads is a complete shambles. It's clear that Amazon just bought as an extra advertising platform because they have done no development to it at all. The mobile app is shambolic and their servers are painfully slow. The only thing that keeps me using it is that migrating all my books to another service would take forever.

On 21/02/2021 at 5:44 PM, Brian. said:

Mine seems to be working ok but in the whole Goodreads is a complete shambles. It's clear that Amazon just bought as an extra advertising platform because they have done no development to it at all. The mobile app is shambolic and their servers are painfully slow. The only thing that keeps me using it is that migrating all my books to another service would take forever.

Thank you. I think it has corrected itself now. I do like the website but I do agree with you, it is not without faults.

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/02/2021 at 7:07 PM, Raven said:

What alternatives are there to Goodreads? (I'm not very up on book pimping websites...)

There's The Story Graph: https://www.thestorygraph.com/ , I haven't explored it lots yet but I wanted to mention it as I think it does deserve some attention. They have a paid-for account too which gives you more features.

8 hours ago, Athena said:

There's The Story Graph: https://www.thestorygraph.com/ , I haven't explored it lots yet but I wanted to mention it as I think it does deserve some attention. They have a paid-for account too which gives you more features.

I had never heard of this before. Just had a browse, looks really good. Thanks so much for sharing. 

Edited by Lau_Lou
Incorrect spelling of word.

• 3 weeks later...

Story Graph looks pretty good, thanks for sharing.

I love Goodreads, I'm usually on there every day. I've been using it for a few years. I love reading through reviews of books I've read - there used to be a button that found recent reviews of your books, but sadly it disappeared. I wish the mobile app was a bit better though.