Goodreads

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

GoodReads rolls out re-read feature. You might not see it in your profile yet, I can, but I suspect in a little while everyone will be able to see it. You can now add extra optional reading dates per book. This was a long requested feature, it pleases me to see they did something with what people have been asking for.

GoodReads rolls out re-read feature. You might not see it in your profile yet, I can, but I suspect in a little while everyone will be able to see it. You can now add extra optional reading dates per book. This was a long requested feature, it pleases me to see they did something with what people have been asking for.

I can see it too? :) I think this is an excellent feature, and it's quite odd that it's only now made its way into the system! 

Think of all the rereads of A Christmas Carol you'll be able to add, Janet! :D

I know!! :D

This was my biggest problem - usually if I find duplicates I let them know so they can merge them, but with ACC I had to find a version that wasn't merged and add that or my numbers were all wrong.   But no more!  :exc:

No, but my challenge says I've read 15/52 books when I've only read 14. If I click on the '15 books completed' it only shows 14 books!  I have queried it and someone said it's because I added a book this year that I read in 2012, but I know I've added them retrospectively before without this happening. 

Edit: I've deleted the book I read in 2012 but added in January and it still says 15.  Grr!

Edited by Janet

Goodreads has a habit of doing things like that. Last year it added a book onto my challenge that was still on my currently reading shelf so I had to delete it completely and start again.

I have checked mine and it is correct at the moment, but going to keep an eye out for it.

thank you both for heads up.

I've discovered my problem - it's added The Bookshop by Penelope Fitzgerald and says I've read it twice on the same day!  :lol:  It's a known bug which they're working to fix.  Someone said it's possible to delete the second copy, but another bug is that not everyone can see the 'X' to delete the post - which is the issue I have.   Fingers crossed the fix it quickly!  :)

• 2 months later...

Has anybody had this problem before? It says I have 228 books on my read shelf which is correct, yet it has one book missing. Then when I search for that book it has it as read. So I'm really confused as to why it isn't listed on my read shelf. 

That's so weird... I have no idea what that's about. :(  I wonder if you could contact Goodreads about it, or at least a 'librarian' group, the members who use GR a lot and know pretty much all about how to use it. Or maybe check if there's something about this particular problem on their FAQ. 

@Athena  might have an idea, using GR a lot and being a librarian in there and being tech savvy...?

• 1 month later...
On 9-2-2017 at 10:01 PM, Onion Budgie said:

Hmm, I seem to be getting a glitch whereby Goodreads is telling me that I'm reading a book for the 2nd time, whereas in fact it's only the first.  Anyone else experiencing this?

On 9-2-2017 at 10:38 PM, Janet said:

No, but my challenge says I've read 15/52 books when I've only read 14. If I click on the '15 books completed' it only shows 14 books!  I have queried it and someone said it's because I added a book this year that I read in 2012, but I know I've added them retrospectively before without this happening. 

Edit: I've deleted the book I read in 2012 but added in January and it still says 15.  Grr!

On 10-2-2017 at 11:28 PM, Janet said:

I've discovered my problem - it's added The Bookshop by Penelope Fitzgerald and says I've read it twice on the same day!  :lol:  It's a known bug which they're working to fix.  Someone said it's possible to delete the second copy, but another bug is that not everyone can see the 'X' to delete the post - which is the issue I have.   Fingers crossed the fix it quickly!  :)

I'm having this problem now too. I read library copies of books, yet when I switch to the edition I've just bought of the books (which is different than the library ones), it keeps displaying the books as twice read. There are no X-es next to the reading date boxes and even though I deleted the old copies multiple times, the system still remembers and the old ones keep coming back. It's driving me crazy.

1 hour ago, Janet said:

Oh, I thought they'd fixed this bug.   I managed to sort mine out.  Hope you get it fixed soon, @Athena

Thanks, Janet :). The lady at GoodReads said she'd send a ticket to the developers. Have to wait and see.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Apparently Goodreads turns 10 this year?  How do you feel about that!

I feel like I'm surprised it hasn't been around for longer. I feel like it's been around for ages. But then again, I think I joined GR pretty much about the same time if not later than I joined Goodreads and it's been less than 10 years.