Where do you get yours?

skysky69

I tend to get books from charity shops, I rarely buy books new because I only keep the occasional one that I think I`ll re-read one day, the others I take to charity shops or pass on to friends. I use the library a lot too.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Charity shops, the library, amazon, as bookrings, shops such as Waterstones and Borders, and from readitswap. I'm not fussy about where the books come from, just that I get them! :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Argh, I feel like the odd one out. Literally, the only place I buy books are from places like Waterstones or WHSmiths. I actually don't think I've ever bought a book second hand. :D Hence the reason I think I've spent at least a grand in Waterstones the past year :). And I'm a student! I don't know how I afford it!

Ever since I was little I said that when I have my own house as an adult, one room will be a book room/computer room/office for me. (I'll have my laptop in there, a PC if it exists can be somewhere else.) And it will be a little dark room, maybe no windows, maybe one, and it will have no wallspace at all, it will be all dark wooden bookcases, and a red carpet, and books stored floor to ceiling, and a wooden desk with a lamp and a laptop. ^_____^

If anyone has read Inkheart, I want rooms like Eleanor's =P

:) there's a quote in someone's signature here about buying loads of books and then treating yourself to food after if there's any money left, I think that's how we all live :lol:

Haha, that's so true! I'm on limited funds anyway yet I still manage to spend so much on books, I find a way :D

I get most of my books from my father-in-law, as he has loads of books that interest me and he's always bringing more in. If he knows i'm interested in a subject, or i'd like to try a book he will get it for me. He loves books and discussing books more than i do and we have similar interests.

I get most of my books from my father-in-law, as he has loads of books that interest me and he's always bringing more in. If he knows i'm interested in a subject, or i'd like to try a book he will get it for me. He loves books and discussing books more than i do and we have similar interests.

That is so sweet :D