Hello from Ireland

MissMohawk

Hello everyone, 

I'm new here. I have always liked reading but I have recently started to expand on the type of books that I read. For many years I was reading crime fiction and not much else. Favourite authors being Chris Carter and Karin Slaughter. 

Very recently I decided to pick up some different types of books and to my surprise a whole new world opened up. 

I recently flew though Pride and Prejudice and really enjoyed it. I just finished The Call of the Wild and although it was short it was brilliant. I am currently about a third of the way through The Count of Monte Cristo. 

I am a physical paper book kind of person. 

Hi, welcome to the forum! 

I’m a paper book person too. I have a kindle but I find it harder to ‘get into’ ebooks. I liked Pride and Prejudice as well (although I didn’t really expect to like it as much as I did!). I’ve never read The Call of the Wild though. Might need to add that to my list! 

Hello. It has been a long time since I read Call of the Wild, but I remember thinking it was good. Jack London was unique. I liked Pride and Prejudice, which was far more entertaining than I thought it would be. The Count of Monte Cristo was great too.

I adore Pride and Prejudice, both as a book on on audio, I love listening to books I've already read and enjoyed.

I used to be a firm paper book lover and just used my Kobo for travelling and in the gaps at work (I'm a tour guide and for some reason it's not seen as slacking between shifts to be immersed in an electronic device, having a real book in your hands is!). However I upgraded to a larger screen Kobo and it's so much more enjoyable.

On 4/29/2022 at 11:05 AM, MissMohawk said:

Hello everyone, 

I'm new here. I have always liked reading but I have recently started to expand on the type of books that I read. For many years I was reading crime fiction and not much else. Favourite authors being Chris Carter and Karin Slaughter. 

Very recently I decided to pick up some different types of books and to my surprise a whole new world opened up. 

I recently flew though Pride and Prejudice and really enjoyed it. I just finished The Call of the Wild and although it was short it was brilliant. I am currently about a third of the way through The Count of Monte Cristo. 

I am a physical paper book kind of person. 

Good to see another fan of Karin Slaughter. I have read all of her books. Call of the Wild and Pride and Prejudice are both excellent books. You have read some good stuff. May I suggest some of John Steinbeck's books (I am prejudiced as he is probably my favorite author).

Anyhow, welcome aboard!