Guess what the title of the thread is...

amthysteyes2

Thats right, i'm obviously new. My name is Lizzie and I discovered my site because i was doing a self-inflicted mock exam in Environmental Science. With the attention span of a 2 year old on Red Bull, my mind wanders and thus, somehow, I've ended up here.

So, I'm 18, I live in the obscure and unheard of Derbyshire (the centre of England- BBC news did an article!) in the former mining town of Heanor. I'm in the last year of 6th form, taking A levels in Environmental Science, Biology, English Lit and Geology and I hope to go to university next year.

I love books, no seriously, love them. I can tell you for definate that I've read over 50 this year- I read the entire series of LOTR, Harry Potter, Garth Nix's Old Kingdom, His Dark Materials, All of Jasper Ffordes books, and as the icing on the cake, I managed to read ALL of Pratchetts work, (expect the Rincewind ones). And as such, Im mostly here for new books to find, devour and love. Any suggestions?

Incidentally my name, Amthysteyes2, a lot of history with it. Firstly it was the first username I ever had, when I was 10 and liked Neopets (I want my wasted free time back). I know it's spelt wrong, but I've kept it like that for the irony- my two best subjects are Geology and English Lit, and it's spelt wrong, get it?

Hi, and welcome to the forum! You sound like you'll fit in like a nose to a face in here! Erm... why does that sound weird? Oh, right, I promised to stop literal translations of idioms. Oops. Anyways, welcome!

Thanks! You can't spend all your time buried in facts, your brain will burn.

Actually, it doesn't burn. It makes this really cool "ping"-sound and leaves you going about like a little lost radish for the rest of the day.

Edit: the pig is cute.

Welcome to the forum, Lizzie! Wow, you must have been one busy reader last year! I'm reading my first Pratchett at the moment and I'm hoping to read my first Fforde in the next couple of months. Can't wait!

Oh yes, Neopets. I've had an account for years but I don't do much with it anymore - just check in every morning to get my interest from the bank. Once I reach 5,000,000 though I'm stopping! (Would have reached it already except my account was once wrongfully suspended and I had to start all over again :friends0:)