Your Book Activity - February 2022

Brian.

On 25/02/2022 at 1:48 PM, lunababymoonchild said:

And Golden Hill by Francis Spufford as recommended by Willoyd.

Hope you enjoy it.

I'm currently reading The Killer Angels by Michael Shaara. With a title like that, it sounds like a zombie novel or something out of Doctor Who, but it is in fact a Pulitzer winning fictionalised narrative of the Battle of Gettysburg.  Both fascinating and gripping, it is currently definitely living up to its prize-winning status!  I'm really tempted to reread Battle Cry for Freedom after this, or finally tackle Shelby Foote.  A part of history that, even though I did some American history at school, is still rather a blank to this British educated student!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

70% read Elizabeth Fair’s The Mingham Air. Gentle humour of English 50s love and provincial snobby, and cleverly done. I’m sad that this was Elizabeth Fair’s last novel :wibbly:

• Brian. unpinned this topic
  • 3 weeks later...

I am re-reading this comfort book of sorts for me- Twilight in the Land of Nowhen. Also Flowers for Algernon I cannot believe it took me so long to reach this book. There is an understated sense of melancholy that Keyes works with. Also i am a huge epistolary novel and that combined with sci fi- i am trying to read it slow enough so it doesnt get over too soon, If anyone knows more epistolary sci fi stuff, please tell?