2022 Book Blogs

It's almost the end of the year. The below is a copy and paste of Athena's guide from a few years ago but we thought a new thread would be a good idea as we have some new members.

That means a bunch of us will be creating new reading blogs for 2022.

Book Blogs / Reading Lists marked with '2021' in the title will be moved to Past Book Blogs on or around a week into 2022. Any that are marked as 'continuous' (or 'ongoing') will be left in the main Book Blogs forum (this one).

We are only humans, so if we move your blog / list by mistake or we don't move it when we should have, please let us know by posting in this thread after the other blogs/lists have been moved.

When you start a new blog/list for 2022, can you please ensure you put '2022' in the topic title. Thank you!

You may want to make some 'blank' posts at the beginning of your topic. We are unable to insert blank posts into a topic at a later time, so please make sure you save enough for yourself. To prevent people replying before you've finished setting up your reading blog/list, please put "please do not reply to this topic yet" or something like it, in bold in the first post and subsequent ones of your topic. When you are ready for people to reply, please make a new post telling people your topic is now ready for posting in.

If you have any questions, please ask :)! I promise we don't bite.

• Brian. pinned this topic

Could you leave it a few days beyond New Year's Eve please?  I know it doesn't make an awful lot of difference - blogs can easily be accessed in the Past Book Blogs thread, but it's nice to be able to tidy up blogs and read others whilst still in the 'live' blogs section.  Once off in the Past blogs section, it's a bit like they've been buried away.  I do mean a few days, not weeks!

BTW, are we still unable to add links?  I've tried on and off over the past year without joy, and tried again tonight (editing my 2021 blog and signature) again with no success, which reminded me.  If not, is there any sort of workaround?

Edited by willoyd

2 hours ago, willoyd said:

BTW, are we still unable to add links?  I've tried on and off over the past year without joy, and tried again tonight (editing my 2021 blog and signature) again with no success, which reminded me.  If not, is there any sort of workaround?

They will work, they’re just not embedded, so they don’t look as nice (you’ll see it displays the whole url). Just ‘continue’ when you get the pop up about embedded links. 

Just now, Hayley said:

They will work, they’re just not embedded, so they don’t look as nice (you’ll see it displays the whole url). Just ‘continue’ when you get the pop up about embedded links. 

When I click on the link button, and a pop up comes up saying that there's a problem loading the content - is that what you mean? I press OK, and nothing happens.

1 minute ago, willoyd said:

When I click on the link button, and a pop up comes up saying that there's a problem loading the content - is that what you mean? I press OK, and nothing happens.

Ah! No, sorry, that’s a different (although related) issue! You will need to copy and paste your link rather than using the link button.

6 minutes ago, Hayley said:

Ah! No, sorry, that’s a different (although related) issue! You will need to copy and paste your link rather than using the link button.

It's odd that the links already embedded work fine - like those in my signature.  Real pity one can't put any more in - they do look horribly ugly, to the extent that I'll probably not bother with most of the ones I would have done.  Is there no chance they'll put this right? (Probably not, as it's been a problem for some time now hasn't it?).

9 hours ago, willoyd said:

It's odd that the links already embedded work fine - like those in my signature.  Real pity one can't put any more in - they do look horribly ugly, to the extent that I'll probably not bother with most of the ones I would have done.  Is there no chance they'll put this right? (Probably not, as it's been a problem for some time now hasn't it?).

I agree the embedded links are a lot nicer for signatures etc. It definitely will be put right but it’s one of the things they told me they’d be able to fix once we moved server (because they need full access to the sites code to work out why so many things went wrong at once). I have a lot of chasing up to do in the new year! 

14 hours ago, willoyd said:

Could you leave it a few days beyond New Year's Eve please?  I know it doesn't make an awful lot of difference - blogs can easily be accessed in the Past Book Blogs thread, but it's nice to be able to tidy up blogs and read others whilst still in the 'live' blogs section.  Once off in the Past blogs section, it's a bit like they've been buried away.  I do mean a few days, not weeks!

We can do that, not a problem. We’ll leave all threads until we are about a week into 2022 and then start the process. 

On 24/12/2021 at 8:59 AM, Hayley said:

I agree the embedded links are a lot nicer for signatures etc. It definitely will be put right but it’s one of the things they told me they’d be able to fix once we moved server (because they need full access to the sites code to work out why so many things went wrong at once). I have a lot of chasing up to do in the new year! 

On 24/12/2021 at 11:31 AM, Brian. said:

We can do that, not a problem. We’ll leave all threads until we are about a week into 2022 and then start the process. 

Thank you both - very much.  Happy Christmas and New Year!

• 3 weeks later...

I have now moved the 2021 blogs into the Past Book Blogs sub-forum. If I have moved any by mistake or you wish to change your 2021 blog into a on-going continous blog send me a PM and I'll move it back into the main Book Blogs forum.

• 5 months later...
On 12/23/2021 at 5:24 PM, Brian. said:

It's almost the end of the year. The below is a copy and paste of Athena's guide from a few years ago but we thought a new thread would be a good idea as we have some new members.

Book Blogs / Reading Lists marked with '2021' in the title will be moved to Past Book Blogs on or around a week into 2022. Any that are marked as 'continuous' (or 'ongoing') will be left in the main Book Blogs forum (this one).

We are only humans, so if we move your blog / list by mistake or we don't move it when we should have, please let us know by posting in this thread after the other blogs/lists have been moved.

When you start a new blog/list for 2022, can you please ensure you put '2022' in the topic title. Thank you!

You may want to make some 'blank' posts at the beginning of your topic. We are unable to insert blank posts into a topic at a later time, so please make sure you save enough for yourself. To prevent people replying before you've finished setting up your reading blog/list, please put "please do not reply to this topic yet" or something like it, in bold in the first post and subsequent ones of your topic. When you are ready for people to reply, please make a new post telling people your topic is now ready for posting in.

belive me read book with captions once you will love it :D

On 12/23/2021 at 5:24 PM, Brian. said:

Book's captions this site Blogs / Reading Lists marked with '2021' in the title will be moved to Past Book Blogs on or around a week into 2022. Any that are marked as 'continuous' (or 'ongoing') will be left in the main Book Blogs forum (this one).

i forget to tell you read the book which name is red hook with captions it is awesome <3

• Brian. unpinned this topic