Favourite reads in 2021

KEV67

I like it when Goodreads sends me a collage of all the books I read in the year. I read 35, although I am hopeful of completing two more by the end of the year. The best book cover was on The Shadow Line by Joseph Conrad. The only book I gave 5 stars to was Die Trying by Lee Child. Of the others, few made a deep impression. Proof by Dick Francis was an exception. I was overall disappointed by the big literary classics: War and Peace, The Red and the Black, several others. OTOH, I have read some interesting books and some page-turners. 

Tough question. I just don't have the heart to continue, let alone finish, a book I'm not enjoying so picking a favourite is always pretty much impossible but I have to say that my proudest moment as a reader was finishing Friedrich Nietzsche's Philosophy in the Tragic Age of the Greeks.  Not only that but I nearly understood much of it. My ambition is to read more and understand what he's on about.