Virginia

I'm very excited about the Wheel of Time TV series too!!

I don't know if they'll put up one episode per week or what, but I'm very happy Amazon Prime NL will put up the TV series (as it's listed and has trailers and a release date of the 19th of Nov), I'm really excited to watch it (together with my other half, who has not read the books).

2 hours ago, Athena said:

I'm very excited about the Wheel of Time TV series too!!

I don't know if they'll put up one episode per week or what, but I'm very happy Amazon Prime NL will put up the TV series (as it's listed and has trailers and a release date of the 19th of Nov), I'm really excited to watch it (together with my other half, who has not read the books).

I thought about that. I really want them to dump a bunch of episodes. But then I'd watch them all and wait impatiently for the next season! :P Just realized that I have the books and have yet to crack one open. Maybe I need to do that now. hmmm.:dry:

On 11/17/2021 at 5:31 PM, Virginia said:

Anybody as excited about the new series, Wheel of Time coming to Amazon on Friday? I can't wait!!

This is a series I will never read, but I as I have Amazon Prime I will probably watch it (probably after I've finished my re-watch of Babylon 5!)

I watched Season 1, Episode 1, tonight (Thursday, Nov. 18). It appears that there will only be 3 Episodes in Season 1. I could have watched all 3 Episodes tonight but I have decided to only watch one Episode a week. 

Rosamund Pike is awesome as Morraine. They couldn't have picked a more perfect actress for the role. The photography is excellent and the story seems to be following the book pretty well. I hope I can put off not binge watching and viewing the next 2 Episodes in a single setting. :) Since there are only 3 Episodes in Season 1, I would like to drag it out a little.

Edited by muggle not

16 hours ago, Virginia said:

I thought about that. I really want them to dump a bunch of episodes. But then I'd watch them all and wait impatiently for the next season! :P Just realized that I have the books and have yet to crack one open. Maybe I need to do that now. hmmm.:dry:

I have read them all and I love the series. It's not for everyone though. I hope you enjoy the books since you already have them :).

9 hours ago, Raven said:

This is a series I will never read, but I as I have Amazon Prime I will probably watch it (probably after I've finished my re-watch of Babylon 5!)

I hope you enjoy the TV series, and also your re-watch of Babylon 5!

6 hours ago, muggle not said:

I watched Season 1, Episode 1, tonight (Thursday, Nov. 18). It appears that there will only be 3 Episodes in Season 1. I could have watched all 3 Episodes tonight but I have decided to only watch one Episode a week. 

Rosamund Pike is awesome as Morraine. They couldn't have picked a more perfect actress for the role. The photography is excellent and the story seems to be following the book pretty well. I hope I can put off not binge watching and viewing the next 2 Episodes in a single setting. :) Since there are only 3 Episodes in Season 1, I would like to drag it out a little.

Awww for there being only 3 episodes! I was hoping for a bit more than that. I'm glad you really liked episode 1. I'm glad Rosamund Pike is doing a great job of playing Moiraine! Yes, it makes sense to drag it out a little. I couldn't watch 3 episodes in the same day because of my sensory issues, I'll watch one episode per day. But I might be tempted to watch more than 1 episode per week, we'll see.

I've just checked: my Amazon Prime NL has 3 episodes up, but it also says 'new episode weekly'. So maybe we will get more episodes?

5 hours ago, Athena said:

I have read them all and I love the series. It's not for everyone though. I hope you enjoy the books since you already have them :).

I hope you enjoy the TV series, and also your re-watch of Babylon 5!

Awww for there being only 3 episodes! I was hoping for a bit more than that. I'm glad you really liked episode 1. I'm glad Rosamund Pike is doing a great job of playing Moiraine! Yes, it makes sense to drag it out a little. I couldn't watch 3 episodes in the same day because of my sensory issues, I'll watch one episode per day. But I might be tempted to watch more than 1 episode per week, we'll see.

I've just checked: my Amazon Prime NL has 3 episodes up, but it also says 'new episode weekly'. So maybe we will get more episodes?

I missed that. I believe that you are correct in thinking that we may get more episodes. Amazon may be limiting how many episodes you can watch weekly to prevent  people from watching the entire thing in a short period of time. If that is what Amazon is doing it makes sense.

Amazon Prime NL now says there'll be a new episode on Fridays.

Yesterday I watched the first episode, and I like it so far. They've made a few changes, some good some bad, but overall I really enjoyed watching this first episode and I look forward to see more.

6 hours ago, muggle not said:

I watched Episode 4 tonight. I think it was the best Episode so far and included the False Dragon.

I agree!

And whoops I forgot to post here after watching episodes 2 and 3. Episode 4 was the best one so far imo too, and I'm looking forward to the rest of the episodes.

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Marie H said:

I loved Episode 1, and I'll have a binge watching with the other 3 this weekend :)

3 minutes ago, Marie H said:

Episode 2 was even better! :o

Wait till you view episode 4, it is the best IMHO.

Watched episode 6 last night. I just bought a new Samsung 55 inch Neo QLED TV and it is great watching Wheel of Time on it.

For the first time EVER, I have been at the very beginning of a new series and I must say, I love it AND WOT! I'm on episode 4. Even tho they air on Friday nights, I make myself wait til Sunday afternoon to watch. It's my weekly treat. the cast is really impressive and I can say I'm hooked!