February

3. For a few Demons More - Kim Harrison - 520 Pages - 8

June

4. This charming Man - Marian Keyes - 676 pages - 10

Edited by kitty_kitty

• 4 weeks later...

The Observations - Jane Harris

Synopsis

This story is set in Scotland, in the year 1863. In an attempt to escape her not-so-innocent past in Glasgow, Bessy Buckley - the wide-eyed Irish heroine of "The Observations" - takes a job as a maid in a big house outside Edinburgh working for the beautiful Arabella. Bessy is intrigued by her new employer, but puzzled by her increasingly strange requests and her insistence that Bessy keep a journal of her most intimate thoughts. And it seems that Arabella has a few secrets of her own - including her near-obsessive affection for Nora, a former maid who died in mysterious circumstances.

I could not stop reading this book I found the way it was written in Bessy Buckley's words like she was telling you the story in person. I liked the use of slang and swearing.

I found the main character really warm and full of mischief. The only reason i did not give this book higher marks is beacuse i liked the end part but i thought it could have been better.

I would recommend this book to anyone who loves historical fiction.

• 2 weeks later...

For a few Demons More - Kim Harrison

Synopsis

The fifth and latest instalment of the urban fantasy-thriller series starring Rachel Morgan. A pacey and addictive novel of sexy bounty-hunting witches, cunning demons and menacing vampires. Bargaining with demons has left Rachel Morgan in constant danger of losing her soul. As if being famous in the underworld - for all the wrong reasons - and sharing her home with a vampire and her jealous girlfriend didn't make her vulnerable enough, one night Rachel finds demons ransacking her home with no fear of sanctified ground. They are searching for something they believe Rachel to possess - a danger that Rachel thought was well hidden and secret. But when the human morgue starts to fill up with partially-turned lupine women who have been brutally murdered, Rachel realises that someone else knows the Focus still exists and that she may have been betrayed.

Fifth book in the series. A really good fast paced read. They are not the best books in the world but thoroughly enjoyable.