Madcow's Book List - 2008

madcow

After a few days off due to stress levels being through the roof :D I'm now going to read Entertaining Angels by Joanna Bell.

Joshua Gilfoyle has decided that there are two things he wants from life before he dies: to find his lost son and to commission an artist to produce his lasting legacy - an angel to replace the one stolen from Foxbarton church.

However, Julia, the artist he's employed, doesn't believe in angels - unlike her eight-year-old daughter Hebe, who sees them all the time. Although Julia is desperate for the commission, she fears her artistic inspiration is beginning to run dry.

But as Hebe and her unique gifts begin to affect everyocluding even irascible old Joshua - there seems to be more than a touch of magic in the air. And the mysteries of the past finally begin to reveal themselves...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I finally managed to finish The House At Riverton today! I've had a lot going on this last few weeks so finding some quality reading time has been hard, which is why it has took me so long. This was an enjoyable book which flowed well between the past and the present and kept me captivated to the end.

Hannah got The Asbo Fairy Tales for Xmas and as she has finished it I am going to read it and take my years tally to 46 which is 2 more than in 2007 :lol:. My aim for 2009 will be 52! Wish me luck...lol

I finally managed to finish The House At Riverton today! I've had a lot going on this last few weeks so finding some quality reading time has been hard, which is why it has took me so long. This was an enjoyable book which flowed well between the past and the present and kept me captivated to the end.

It is really good isn't it! I bought The Forgotten Garden a few days ago and hope that is as good.

And good luck for the next year by the way!

Well I finished my final book of 2008 this afternoon, Asbo Fairy Tales by Hans Christian Asbosen, to put it in a nutshell 'chaffed' up fairy tales very funny in places. A light read which didn't take long and brings my years total to 46 this year :) which I am very pleased about as it it 2 more than last year.

Here's to 2009 and even more books :lol: