Bonjour Tristess

KEV67

1A27451C-A9F3-4FA9-8F00-73271017FE3B.thumb.jpeg.372c1a76fd34dc56918fd3661a7513d7.jpeg

that it?  

From Amazon : Stylish, shimmering and amoral, Sagan's tale of adolescence and betrayal on the French Riviera was her masterpiece, published when she was just eighteen. However, this frank and explicit novella was considered too daring for 1950s Britain, and sexual scenes were removed for the English publication. Now this fresh and accurate new translation presents the uncensored text in full for the first time.

The description goes on but you get the drift

Edited by lunababymoonchild
Correcting Amazon's spelling

• 2 months later...

Got my copy. There were rather more people in the shop than I was happy with, but I don't think they saw the cover. My favourite places to read are in Caffe Nero or on the train, but I will have to read this at home. Not unless I cover the cover with wallpaper, like we used to do with our school books. There was a two for one-and-a-half deal, so I got The Wide Sargasso Sea as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Not enjoying it especially, but it struck me as a good book if you wanted to have a go at reading it in French. It is not very long. The chapters are short. The language is not very difficult. 

I thought The Stranger/The Outsider by Albert Camus was another good option if you wanted to read something in French. It is not very long and the language is straightforward. I expect people would be dead impressed if you told them you had read Albert Camus in the original French.