Posting Links

lunababymoonchild

3 minutes ago, lunababymoonchild said:

I still can't use the 'chain' symbol to post links, can somebody help? 

Error message is There was a problem loading this content.

This is one of the issues we need to get the developers to fix. For some reason embedded links just won't work since the last update. The links work fine but, annoyingly, it doesn't look as nice! Sorry about that!

• 6 months later...

I noticed when setting up my reading log that the embedded link feature wasn’t working and have now realised that it seems to have been an issue for a while now, is there any update as to when this is likely to be fixed?

On 19/03/2022 at 11:20 AM, Kudz said:

I noticed when setting up my reading log that the embedded link feature wasn’t working and have now realised that it seems to have been an issue for a while now, is there any update as to when this is likely to be fixed?

Still (unfortunately!) can’t give a precise date because we need to switch hosts before it can be fixed and we have an ongoing issue with that switch. I’ll definitely update everyone when we have a set time! 

I’ve figured out that you can post hyperlinks using the following code [*url=insert link]title of link[/url].  It might come in handy if anyone wants to tidy up links in their reading logs etc.

Just remove the *

On further experimenting it seems to work sometimes and not others so you need to make sure you paste the link as plain text so it doesn't turn the link blue, if you get what I mean.

Then you can link to Book Club Forum or anywere else for that matter, as often as you like.

Edited by Kudz

9 hours ago, Kudz said:

I’ve figured out that you can post hyperlinks using the following code [*url=insert link]title of link[/url].  It might come in handy if anyone wants to tidy up links in their reading logs etc.

Just remove the *

On further experimenting it seems to work sometimes and not others so you need to make sure you paste the link as plain text so it doesn't turn the link blue, if you get what I mean.

Then you can link to Book Club Forum or anywere else for that matter, as often as you like.

Ah! That's very interesting! Thanks for sharing!