Reading Slump

That's very interesting, especially the Spring/Summer 2020 reading slump. It's funny, and yet perfectly understandable, to think that big world events impact reading in such a widespread way. 

On the other hand, I'm not sure they really is a failsafe cure for a reading slump. I think it's going to be different for everyone and every circumstance. For me, the "break glass in case of emergency" book the article talks about wouldn't work, because even if I've saved a new book by an author I absolutely love, I'd just feel like I wouldn't appreciate it properly if I wasn't truly in the mood for it. Sometimes, if I feel in a bit of a slump, I actually start reading something I'm not sure about at all, even something that I expect I might not finish.

1 hour ago, Raven said:

Too many words, my slump won't let me finish!

:rolleyes::giggle2:

1 hour ago, Raven said:

Too many words, my slump won't let me finish!

Yes, thank you very much :roll:

11 minutes ago, Hayley said:

That's very interesting, especially the Spring/Summer 2020 reading slump. It's funny, and yet perfectly understandable, to think that big world events impact reading in such a widespread way. 

On the other hand, I'm not sure they really is a failsafe cure for a reading slump. I think it's going to be different for everyone and every circumstance. For me, the "break glass in case of emergency" book the article talks about wouldn't work, because even if I've saved a new book by an author I absolutely love, I'd just feel like I wouldn't appreciate it properly if I wasn't truly in the mood for it. Sometimes, if I feel in a bit of a slump, I actually start reading something I'm not sure about at all, even something that I expect I might not finish.

I think you're right but thought it would be good to garner suggestions.

1 hour ago, lunababymoonchild said:

I think you're right but thought it would be good to garner suggestions.

Definitely agree. Having a few possible methods to try when you're stuck can only help!

Also, funnily enough, the book mentioned at the end of the article, Gingerbread, is one I've had my eye on for a while!