Liz

Currently Reading:

20) MURDER ON THE LINKS - Agatha Christie

Read in 2008:

01) INTERESTING TIMES - Terry Pratchett

02) CHRONICLES: VOLUME ONE - Bob Dylan

03) AND IT'S GOODNIGHT FROM HIM - Ronnie Corbett

04) THE JEWEL THAT WAS OURS - Colin Dexter

05) CHRISTIAN HEROES: ERIC LIDDELL - J. & G. Benge (re-read)

06) ARCHANGEL - Robert Harris

07) THE REMAINS OF THE DAY - Kazuo Ishiguro

08) THE VIRGIN SUICIDES - Jeffrey Eugenides

09) MISERY - Stephen King

10) ONE FOR THE MONEY - Janet Evanovich

11) TWO FOR THE DOUGH - Janet Evanovich

12) MASKERADE - Terry Pratchett

13) THE WAY THROUGH THE WOODS - Colin Dexter

14) THE WICKER MAN - R. Hardy & A. Shaffer

15) THE BIG OVER EASY - Jasper Fforde

16) THE FOURTH BEAR - Jasper Fforde

17) FEET OF CLAY - Terry Pratchett

18) STARTER FOR TEN - David Nicholls

19) THREE TO GET DEADLY - Janet Evanovich

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting Times was quite good, but not the best Discworld book. I did enjoy it, though.

Next........

CHRONICLES: VOLUME ONE

Bob Dylan

I have been meaning to read this book for a while, but kept putting it to one side. I actually had a short excerpt from this book in one of my English Lit papers last summer, not something which I would expect to see in an exam.

• 2 weeks later...

I really did enjoy Dylan's autobiography. It isn't set out like biographies usually are as it did not work its way through his life from childhood onwards. It flicked back and forth over his life. I found the writing style to be slightly odd when I first started reading it as at points it almost felt as though you were simply reading a list, but after a few pages I started to get into it more and enjoy his style. It was good book and I hope he does write the other two volumes (as was originally planned). :welcome:

Next....

And It's Goodnight From Him...

Ronnie Corbett

I don't feel in the mood for a book which you have to concentrate on, so I thought this would be an easy read.

Corbett's autobiography mainly focused upon The Two Ronnies' career but did also briefly cover Corbett's own life as well. It wasn't too bad, the explanations of their writing and filming process being quite interesting. It was an easy and quite enjoyable book.

Next......

The Jewel That Was Ours

Colin Dexter

This is the 9th book in the Morse series.

The Jewel That Was Ours ~ Another brilliant Morse mystery. I am really enjoying reading this series - I only have a few more Morse books to go. ;)

Christian Heroes: Eric Liddell ~ This is from a series which is written to allow younger readers to understand and enjoy. I first read this when I was 11, and I still enjoy reading about Liddell and his life serving God and putting his trust in Him. :(

I've decided that I will have a go at Archangel by Robert Harris (which was a present from my very kind local second-hand bookseller ;)). This will be my second book by Harris as I read The Ghost last year, which I quite enjoyed.

Archangel - I have to admit that I was a little unsure if this book when reading the first 50 - 100 pages. It hadn't really grabbed me that much, but then I seemed to hit a good patch and I was away ( I read the second half of the book in one sitting last night). I really enjoyed this one - the pace was good and the story kept me interested after that slightly rough patch at the beginning. I will definitely read more from Harris.

Next.......

The Remains of the Day

Kazuo Ishiguro

The Remains of the Day ~ This really was a beautifully written book, the style being so elegant and graceful. I did enjoy this book, the nostalgia running throughout it being marvellously described as well as bringing quite a sad tone to the book.

Next.......

The Virgin Suicides

Jeffrey Eugenides