Euro 2020 (2021)

Hux

I expect France to do well and if I had to pick a winner I would choose them. I don't expect much from England, the team just hasn't been able to train together enough and although I know the friendlies didn't feature the likely starting eleven, they looke very poor in my opinion.

Christian Eriksen collapsing of what appears to be a heart attack is not the start for the tournament we needed.

Literally doing CPR on the pitch. Game abandoned.

Reports saying he was conscious when taken off the pitch though. 

15 minutes ago, Hux said:

Christian Eriksen collapsing of what appears to be a heart attack is not the start for the tournament we needed.

Literally doing CPR on the pitch. Game abandoned.

Reports saying he was conscious when taken off the pitch though. 

Its been confirmed that he is conscious and has been transferred to hospital.

• 2 weeks later...

I don’t know if it’s because I’m a grumpy git and England have let me down too often, but there is a big disconnect between what I see on the pitch and what the pundits say about England’s performances. They played better than against Scotland but it still wasn’t great and Czechia could have easily scored from one of their chances and drew the game.

3 hours ago, Brian. said:

I don’t know if it’s because I’m a grumpy git and England have let me down too often, but there is a big disconnect between what I see on the pitch and what the pundits say about England’s performances. They played better than against Scotland but it still wasn’t great and Czechia could have easily scored from one of their chances and drew the game.

It's not just you.

I don't watch a lot of football these days, and I only caught the second half last night, but I don't think I've seen a less inspired performance (and I also think they were lucky to get the win). 

I can't see them progressing past the next round, unless there is a dramatic turnaround in the way they are playing.

I will be surprised if Italy don't win the final despite what the bookies odds might say. I'm still not convinced by the England team but I'll be delighted if they do manage to pull it off.