Luna's Introduction

Hello everybody I'm new.  Just seen this section so I thought I'd introduce myself. 

I read a lot and I have a very wide reading taste.  I'm enjoying the forum and seeing what everybody else is reading - I so have to know what other people are reading! I've been choosing my own reading material since I was four and don't remember a time when I couldn't read. Years ago I went through a reading drought - where I couldn't be bothered reading - and it distressed me a great deal but I've recovered and never looked back. Last year I read more books in a year than I've ever read before, it's amazing what panic can do for you!

I also like to crochet and I adore paper crafting.

Hullo!

(Although I must admit, I thought you'd said hello before!)

You say you like to read widely, but what genres and authors do you prefer? Who is your favourite author (if you can narrow it down to just the one!)

4 hours ago, lunababymoonchild said:

...it's amazing what panic can do for you!

Ah, yes; there's nothing like an approaching deadline and a stroppy boss...

I've been choosing my own reading material since I was four

I used to love choosing my own books in the library when I was very young too! I wonder if there would be a correlation between young children choosing their own books and people who love reading as adults?

Years ago I went through a reading drought - where I couldn't be bothered reading - and it distressed me a great deal but I've recovered and never looked back. Last year I read more books in a year than I've ever read before, it's amazing what panic can do for you!

I'm glad you got your reading motivation back! 

I adore paper crafting

Your paper cat in the craft thread is one of the most amazing paper craft objects I've seen! 

1 hour ago, Raven said:

Hullo!

(Although I must admit, I thought you'd said hello before!)

You say you like to read widely, but what genres and authors do you prefer? Who is your favourite author (if you can narrow it down to just the one!)

Ah, yes; there's nothing like an approaching deadline and a stroppy boss...

I'm very loud so it probably felt like I had said hello before.

Ooooh preferences, difficult to narrow it down. If a gun was held to my head I'd have to say that William Faulkner is my favourite author and stream of consciousness my favourite literary style, although I do love Victorian Gothic too. Love Thomas Bernhard too and Dorothy Richardson and then there's Ian Rankin and John Cooper Clarke - technically a performance poet but he did write his autobiography which was fascinating. I like much in the way of written poetry too and could not narrow that down at all. I'm also partial to a bit of existentialism from time to time but can also settle down to Catherine Cookson's The Mallen series. I'm happily working my way through Charles Dickens oevre and am on book 7 of The Poldark series. Read the whole of the Vera (Stanhope by Ann Cleeves, from the TV series) series. And am exploring William Golding's work. I'm also partial to China Miéville, the Bas Lag triumvirate being my favourite so far with City & The City a close second.

I'm always on the lookout for new-to-me authors and reading experiences, which is why I'm so nosy.