Stephen King Guide

Kell

I've always thjought that Needful Things never gets enough credit. It really is an amazing read and I think the whole concept of it is genius. It's so interesting how he plays all the characters off of each other.

I couldn't agree more! It's kind of a "quiet" novel and very under-rated, but it is very cleverly done. I enjoyed it.

• 3 years later...
  • Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always thjought that Needful Things never gets enough credit. It really is an amazing read and I think the whole concept of it is genius. It's so interesting how he plays all the characters off of each other. He really is an amazing author.

i agree, needful things was one of the 1st King books i read and after that i couldnt stop

Personally, I love vampires - I've always found them fascinating & was drawn to Charlaine Harris' Sookie Stackhouse series because of the Vamp aspect - there are also shapeshifters in those books. I wasn't disappointed. ANd, of course, Keley Armstrong has themes of werewolves, demons, vampires, Witches, sorcerers & all kinds of other stuff - she even deals with the afterlife - & I love her books.

Kell you should try "They Thirst" by Robert R McCammon. It's the closest thing to Salems Lot that there is and those are my two favorite vampire novels of all time. It sounds like you read Salems Lot already. If so, and you liked it, i really recommend this one by McCammon. There's other good vampire books too though, The Stake by Richard Laymon was pretty solid. 

Edited by UnderTheDome40

Kell you should try "They Thirst" by Robert R McCammon. It's the closest thing to Salems Lot that there is and those are my two favorite vampire novels of all time. It sounds like you read Salems Lot already. If so, and you liked it, i really recommend this one by McCammon. There's other good vampire books too though, The Stake by Richard Laymon was pretty solid    

Have u read the Dark Tower Series? It features Father Callahan pretty heavily and we find out what happened to him after Salems Lot. And Justin Cronins The Passage/The Twelve are good man made vampire books. And Yep The Stake was a solid read i agree although i still havent read The Travelling Vampire Show by Laymon (the only one i havent read of his) supposed to be really good.

Kell you should try "They Thirst" by Robert R McCammon. It's the closest thing to Salems Lot that there is and those are my two favorite vampire novels of all time. It sounds like you read Salems Lot already. If so, and you liked it, i really recommend this one by McCammon. 

Sigh.. another one for my wishlist. There appears to be a shortage of this one, and it's also expensive on the kindle. Maybe one day :)

• 3 weeks later...

Somenone read Joyland? I bougth it and it went directly to my shelf waiting for better days :)

I've  read Joyland.  Although it was a decent read it wasn't one of my best King books

Edited by Janet

I read Joyland a few months ago and really enjoyed it.  I have read Stephen King books since the 1970s, although he went through a period in the middle where I didn't enjoy many, but this is a short read and I thought a good one.