Your Hobbies, Collections, and Obsessions

Brian.

13 hours ago, Chrissy said:

Oh my! If you need me to toddle off to Heathrow and rescue the parcels, let me know!

That's so kind of you, Chrissy! But goodness know where that one has skipped off to by now.

I have four parcels coming from the UK at the moment, the original two that have gone walkabouts, one that replaces one of those and another one from a different supplier. None of them seem to be doing anything 😕 

48 minutes ago, Madeleine said:

Another fab coaster, can I ask how you came across these?  I haven't knitted for years!

These are from a British company called Toft which sells British wool and knitting/crocheting goods and patterns. Their summer catalogue was inspired by Italian tiles and Kerry Lord, whose company it is, inspired by said tiles designed these coasters. They are actually Bargello, which is a type of sewing. They are stitched with the wool that Toft sell.

Edited by lunababymoonchild

• 1 month later...

i went to a mandala drawing workshop last night, it was a very basic intro to this, you could either draw your own mandala from scratch, or fill in a template provided. I went for the template, and apart from confirming that I don't have an artistic bone in my body, I quite enjoyed it and did find it relaxing, despite being in a room in a fairly noisy pub with music playing, a baby crying and a dog whining (a gorgeous beagle who I met on the way out). I think it's best to call my effort experimental, but I played around with a lot of different shapes and suffice to say some shapes worked better than others, so I will have another go, using the more successful shapes.

I've also sent off for a couple of Diamond Art kits, has anyone done any of these?  They look fun but fiddly.....

3 hours ago, Madeleine said:

i went to a mandala drawing workshop last night, it was a very basic intro to this, you could either draw your own mandala from scratch, or fill in a template provided. I went for the template, and apart from confirming that I don't have an artistic bone in my body, I quite enjoyed it and did find it relaxing, despite being in a room in a fairly noisy pub with music playing, a baby crying and a dog whining (a gorgeous beagle who I met on the way out). I think it's best to call my effort experimental, but I played around with a lot of different shapes and suffice to say some shapes worked better than others, so I will have another go, using the more successful shapes.

I've also sent off for a couple of Diamond Art kits, has anyone done any of these?  They look fun but fiddly.....

You don't need to be good at it you just need to enjoy it.

I did pixelated pictures for a while which is similar to the diamond painting.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Madeleine said:

I haven't tried diamond art or mandala drawing but I went to a zentangle group a few years ago. Found them very relaxing and fun to draw.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I know there are some quilting fans here, I went to a lovely exhibition today of Kaffe Fassett's work, as well as the work of people who work for him, or have done in the past, and other quilters.  I'd forgotten how big quilting is in the US, but there were some stunning pieces there.  

• Like 1

On 3/9/2023 at 9:32 AM, Madeleine said:

I know there are some quilting fans here, I went to a lovely exhibition today of Kaffe Fassett's work, as well as the work of people who work for him, or have done in the past, and other quilters.  I'd forgotten how big quilting is in the US, but there were some stunning pieces there.  

I'm not a quilter but have a Kaffe Fassett knitting book somewhere. Gorgeous colours and patterns.