Your Hobbies, Collections, and Obsessions

Brian.

In a direct update to my last post here I did buy the mini hoops and on an evening when I was feeling a bit stressed and couldn’t focus on my book I made this:

52C2DDEC-49C5-471B-B819-8BE7E683B6ED.jpeg

It’s definitely not perfect (and I did regret deciding to use metallic thread because it’s so frustrating!) but I’m really quite happy with it. The hoops are different shapes and sizes, some are very small circles. If anybody has ideas for other (Christmas related) things I could try to embroider I’d love to hear them! Bear in mind that I’m new to this though :lol:

15 hours ago, lunababymoonchild said:

That's very lovely, Hayley!

I can sew but it's not the craft for me (too much like chores, I had to take up my own hems as a youngster).

Thank you! It's something I really wish I was better at. I know what you mean about associating it with a chore, but it does feel very different embroidering a picture than it does repairing things (not that I can do much more repairing than sewing up a hole! I even just use wonder web for hems).

• 1 month later...

This is what I've been making for the last two months. It's called Snaggletooth and the pattern is by Esme Crick/Red Sparrow Crochet. I'm going to line it and then decide whether it needs pom poms or tassels. For now I'm just glad that it's finished (it's for me). Did I mention that my other hobby is crochet? lolSnaggletooth1.thumb.jpg.2c02c44acbcf5c820b4e50ee96693119.jpg

Edited by lunababymoonchild

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/25/2021 at 12:18 AM, lunababymoonchild said:

This is what I've been making for the last two months. It's called Snaggletooth and the pattern is by Esme Crick/Red Sparrow Crochet. I'm going to line it and then decide whether it needs pom poms or tassels. For now I'm just glad that it's finished (it's for me). Did I mention that my other hobby is crochet? lolSnaggletooth1.thumb.jpg.2c02c44acbcf5c820b4e50ee96693119.jpg

Stunning blanket Luna! :wub: Have you got your next one planned?

I've just finished a Copenhagen blanket (Wool Thread Paint) which uses a snuggle stitch and I'm feeling a bit bereft.

7 hours ago, poppy said:

Stunning blanket Luna! :wub: Have you got your next one planned?

I've just finished a Copenhagen blanket (Wool Thread Paint) which uses a snuggle stitch and I'm feeling a bit bereft.

Thank you Poppy. I always seem to be planning but not settled on one thing as of yet.

I'd love to see your Copenhagen blanket, if you would post a photo.

2 hours ago, lunababymoonchild said:

Thank you. Tassles it is, then. I have yet to line it so it will be a while.

I second or third tassles too :wub:

This is my blanket ... hard to get a true depiction of the colours. The designer was inspired by the colours of Copenhagen.

20220219_152650.jpg

img_4266-1.jpg

• 2 months later...

My vegetable garden is all planted:

4 Better Boy tomato plants, 4 Big Beef tomato plants, 1 Early Girl tomato plant, & 1 German Johnson tomato plant (a Heirloom)

2 Husky cherry tomato plants & 1 grape Tomato plant

2 Bell Pepper plants, 2 jalapeno Pepper plants, 1 Sweet Banana Pepper plant, & 1 Habanero Pepper plant

Spinach, Lettuce, Radishes, Spring Onions, and Cucumbers.

The Spinach and Lettuce can start to be harvested in small quantities. Radishes and Spring Onions very soon.

I am anxious for spinach salad with fresh strawberries in it. Strawberries are in season and I just bought a bucket at a strawberry farm.