Book recommendations! :)

Hello everyone! I'm reading a comic and I'd like to read a book with a similar plot or similar character dynamics. It's a love story that combines time travel, mystery and thriller. I tried to outline it below. If anyone stumbled across anything similar, please share it!! :)

The premise is that an empire's on a verge of collapsing because aristocrats struggle for power and use destructive and elaborate magic weapons. The heroine suspects that the one who supplies them with these weapons is the second prince, who is also trying to assasinate her. So it comes to her as a shock when the prince saves her life and gives her a magic vow that he'll protect her at the cost of his life. As the story progresses, she learns that he’s a time a traveler and that the one behind all the problems in the empire is not him, but his parallel self from a parallel timeline. The heroine dies in a number of timelines as a result of his actions, so the hero tries to prevent it because prior to her death, they were lovers...

It's an interesting story and it's still ongoing. I don't know the ending, but I hope you at least get some ideas on what kind of plot I'm looking for...