"Retro" shows and movies

Virginia

Do you find yourself now going back and re-watching old shows now that corona has movie/shows productions are down? Iknow I'm finding myself revisiting some oldies like Hart of Dixie, Gilmore Girls, LOTR, HP, Married with Children, My Name Is Earl, Murder She Wrote, etc.

What are you bringing out the vault?

Golden Girls and Northern Exposure for me, both great at the time, and gives me good memories of the 80s/early 90s.

Edited by Marie H

10 hours ago, Brian. said:

I've been re-watching NCIS recently. I also regularly re-watch old series of Black Adder and Red Dwarf but that happened pre-corona.

I keep promising myself that I'd start Black Adder. May need to go do that!

4 hours ago, Marie H said:

Golden Girls and Northern Exposure for me, both great at the time, and gives me good memories of the 80s/early 90s.

I LOVE Northern Exposure! I actually waited almost a MONTH to get copies from the library (once they opened back up). Unfortunately, I'm missing season 2 and I think I like that season best!

Another Northern Exposure and Black Adder fan  :clapping:

I dont need any excuse to rewatch oldies, I do it all the time. Recent ones are The Vicar of Dibley, One Foot in the Grave, Keeping Up Appearances, Are You Being Served and Dad's Army,  my all-time favourite.

4 hours ago, poppy said:

Another Northern Exposure and Black Adder fan  :clapping:

I dont need any excuse to rewatch oldies, I do it all the time. Recent ones are The Vicar of Dibley, One Foot in the Grave, Keeping Up Appearances, Are You Being Served and Dad's Army,  my all-time favourite.

I'm always watching KUP and I just found the spin off of Are you Being Served, where they live on a manor in their retirement. Its a hoot! I need to revisit VoD having watched that in years.

On 8/28/2020 at 6:16 AM, poppy said:

Yes! Grace and Favour, it's very funny :lol:

I'm also doing Columbo. I just love a good mystery and what I love most about Columbo is that the murderer is shown at the beginning of the show and how he goes about "finding" the killer. I don't think I can go back to modern shows. 

19 hours ago, poppy said:

I've been watching Morse (for the first time) but must admit I far prefer Inspector Lewis and Endeavour. 

Some Morse episodes have dated badly, especially the earlier ones, but the stories usually still hold up (certainly better than some Lewis and Endeavour episodes, where the stories are just too far fetched - having said that, I do like Endeavour!)

Following on from the comments above, I'm another Northern Exposure fan, and have been toying with the idea of a re-watch this winter.

During lockdown I re-watched a large part of the series Bugs; I've been working my way through Tom Baker Doctor Who stories and I'm currently re-watching Stargate Atlantis (just started on season 3).

I've also watched most of the Marvel films through again and the original Star Trek films I have on Blu-ray (1,2,4 & 6).  Keep meaning to re-watch Lord of the Rings again, but never seem to get around to it!

I love Stargate Atlantis! And the Marvel films and the Star Trek films. Nr 4 is my favourite :). We've been watching Doctor Who too, though I've not seen it before so it's a new-to-me watch, and we're watching slightly newer eps from the 2010's (we're on series 5 atm, though lately we've been watching some anime instead, for example we rewatched the anime film The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya).

I hope you can re-watch The Lord of the Rings film soon :).

I’m starting watching Channel 4’s Hill Street Blues. Only watched the pilot episode, so far, so only 145 episodes to go! :lol:. It’s great to remember seeing this series in the 80s!

• 3 months later...
On 9/6/2020 at 10:58 PM, Raven said:

Following on from the comments above, I'm another Northern Exposure fan, and have been toying with the idea of a re-watch this winter.

Which I am now well into!  Deep into series four and my love of these characters and the town of Cicely, Alaska just keeps growing.

I was reading the other day that Rob Morrow and others have been trying to get a new series going on one of the streaming channels. 

If you are reading this Netflix, you can have my money now! Just do it!

On 9/8/2020 at 7:44 AM, Athena said:

We've been watching Doctor Who too, though I've not seen it before so it's a new-to-me watch, and we're watching slightly newer eps from the 2010's (we're on series 5 atm...

Missed this at the time...

Matt Smith! Best of the new Doctors!* I love his turn in A Christmas Carol; one of the best takes on the Dickens story for years! 

*Though they are all good!

I hope you can re-watch The Lord of the Rings film soon :).

This will be happening this week! Plan to start tomorrow or on Christmas Day, not sure yet!