Villainous Protagonist Recommendations?

This might be a very specific/niche but I am looking for books where the main protagonist (and the love interest if they have one, perferably) are more villainous/anti-hero. Not the bad boy with a heart of gold trope or 'bad' character within the romance sense of the word (i.e. cheating, doing drugs, running away from something, etc) but rather doing terrible things and enjoying it, that kind of thing. Preferably fantasy or sci-fi. This might actually be incredibly specific, maybe even too specific.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Please and thank you.

Three that immediately spring to mind are:

Dorian by Will Self (a modern reimagining of Oscar Wilde's The Picture of Dorian Gray)

Perfume by Patrick Suskind

The Introvert by Michael Paul Michaud

-- Although none are in the fantasy or sci-fi genres.

Edited by Onion Budgie

On 03/03/2020 at 6:24 PM, Onion Budgie said:

Three that immediately spring to mind are:

Dorian by Will Self (a modern reimagining of Oscar Wilde's The Picture of Dorian Gray)

Perfume by Patrick Suskind

The Introvert by Michael Paul Michaud

-- Although none are in the fantasy or sci-fi genres.

The fantasy and sci-fi genres were preferences but not necessary. Thank you for the suggestions! :) I'll have a look at them!

There's a YA series by Serena Valentino that tells Disney stories from the point of view of the villain (so, for example, one is by Ursula from The Little Mermaid, one is by the Wicked Queen from Snow White etc.). I think the series is just called Villains. I'm afraid I haven't read any of them, so I can't recommend, but that's what popped into my head when I read your post! 

Welcome to the forum by the way :) 

• 4 weeks later...
On 05/03/2020 at 6:14 PM, Hayley said:

There's a YA series by Serena Valentino that tells Disney stories from the point of view of the villain (so, for example, one is by Ursula from The Little Mermaid, one is by the Wicked Queen from Snow White etc.). I think the series is just called Villains. I'm afraid I haven't read any of them, so I can't recommend, but that's what popped into my head when I read your post! 

Welcome to the forum by the way :) 

Thank you, I'll check it out.

Thank you - I look forward to chatting here. :)