Site "not secure"

Onion Budgie

I've noticed for a while now that this website has been displaying as "not secure", i.e. passwords, sensitive info, etc., could be easily stolen by hackers.  Is this something that will be addressed at some point?  Hopefully members here are not using the same password across multiple sites, otherwise... uh oh..?

It's because if you have google chrome version 68 or later it shows a 'not secure' warning when the site doesn't have an ssl certificate. Not having the certificate means information that goes through this site isn't encrypted, so it wouldn't be safe to share card details here, for example, because it's less difficult for someone to access information shared through the site. The software we use does have it's own security to keep your accounts safe and, to the best of my knowledge, that includes the passwords you might se for your account (although I'm happy to look further into how they secure that information). An ssl certificate would cost an extra £60 a year, on top of the software, hosting and domain renewal costs, and I honestly just can't afford to do that right now.