Featured Author - R.L. Royle

Of course there is a spirit world. What else happens when we die? I don't see why the two can't mix and I think that sometimes they do but I have no proof of course.

Echi. I am sorry to hear about your experience but I have to say this, Schizophrenia is not a disease.

There are so many possible things that could happen when we die, and at some point we'll all find out, won't we? :(

I think schizophrenia is such a horribly complicated topic that whether or not one uses the term disease is purely semantics. It is most certainly a chronic health problem, and is that not the definition of disease? Perhaps it is the negative connotation here that is the issue? Which is my point exactly re: destigmatization.

*Hand goes uplike an eager schoolgirl!* Me! Me! I've had a few encounters! Strangely, despite the fact that I've had several ghostly experiences myself, I remain one of the most sceptical people about so-called sightings, and am always on the lookout for how the "evidence" might have been doctored or even faked outright. I can't watch programmes with people like Derek Accorah as he makes me feel sick - he comes across (at least to me) as such a charlatan! I remain doubtful that we'll ever have final proof of the existance of spririts (other than the bottled, drinkable kind), and while we only have personal experience to go on, the world at large will remain sceptical...

Got another quick question for you too:

How did you choose the name for your publiching company? And do you have any plans to take on ther authors, or will Dog Horn remain strictly personal?

Lol, well I can't blame you for having your rational thoughts. I'm exactly the same, even when something completely strange happens, I do the whole 'well it could have been this, could have been that' thing. It's only when the rational explanation becomes irrational that scepticism winds me up. Roy, the father in the book, is a complete sceptic throughout and by the time the family come to leave, it almost causes divorce because the facts are right in front of his eyes and yet he still refuses to accept them. I've had oodles of unexplainable things happen around me but only 3 that can't - simply CAN'T - be explained!

What I always find intriguing, is when something obviously strange happens and the people who you

Of course there is a spirit world. What else happens when we die? I don't see why the two can't mix and I think that sometimes they do but I have no proof of course.

Echi. I am sorry to hear about your experience but I have to say this, Schizophrenia is not a disease.

A good way I heard it described about how some people are sensitive to ghosts and spirits and others aren't, is that it's like giving two people a radio and telling them to tune into Virgin (for instance!); one might know the exact frequency its on and be able to go straight to it, and the other might have no idea and not be able to listen to the brilliant Geoff Show... it doesn't mean he's not on the air, it just means that person No.2 doesn't know where to find him.

Maybe sensitives have been back so many times that their subconscious knowledge can't help but leak through into their conscious knowledge, even though strictly they're not supposed to know... or maybe its the really sceptic people that know there's no point in searching for answers while we're alive because it'll all become clear when we die???

In one book written by a medium, she says ghosts and spirits don't get captured on camera as a rule because it'll give the game up. I hope it's never proven; the school would collapse! Maybe it is anyway... Oh God, here I go again... the reason I think technology has advanced so much is because each time we come back, we come back with knowledge from our previous lives (obviously 99.999% of the population are unaware of this knowledge, but it's there), so we're always getting smarter. The downside to this is that we

You have some interesting insights there, but I know roughly where we are all going. Of course being a christian I would say that and therefore it is probably obvious that I believe we only get one chance at life.

As I said though being religious does not mean I do not believe in spirits. I do believe that they exist and that they can even watch over the world and maybe help out now and again. Your thoughts on past memories and technology are intriguing, but I think that is more down to evolution, as is our current state and whatever future we have will be.

I've experienced some weird things and every one of them could be "explained away". But to me, I know what it was.

I may know where I'm going, but I don't discount the paranormal.

Just a question.

Do you find now you've done research and are paying attention that more things come to you?

I've experienced some weird things and every one of them could be "explained away". But to me, I know what it was.

I may know where I'm going, but I don't discount the paranormal.

Just a question.

Do you find now you've done research and are paying attention that more things come to you?

Hmmm... good question. Possibly, although I have a big wide-open mind already so I am always open to paranormal contact. I have been researching the paranormal for pleasure since I was a wee lass and have been having experiences since the same time - but I don't know whether they're connected. You've given me food for thought for there, Jen!

Usually, if there is an energy in any specific area and if I spend enough time there, I tend to experience 'something', but I've only ever had one visit from a spirit (as opposed to a ghost - they're two very different things) and if the area/property I'm in isn't full of obvious energy then I pick up nothing. I have been living in this ghost-free house for four years now and I miss the adrenalin of activity and am telling my boyfriend that I hope our next house has a presence. This is daft really, because I've said this before during quiet periods of my life, only to then reap what I sow and end up uncomfortable, scared and frozen to the spot with fear thinking: 'why did I want this again?! why! why! why!!!!'. Lol, I suppose it depends on the presence and I think, as an adult with more education now, I

Oh wow! I hope that works out!

You'll write a book about the experience right?

Yeah, me too! It'd be amazing to feel at one with the world and discover more about the human spirit. I've got a feeling it may just change my life, which is welcome 'cause I've been wanting a change for a while.

I am writing about my travels in a journal but that's more for private use. However, the experience and knowledge I will garner from all the different cultures we'll be tasting will no doubt make for wiser writing in my future works of fiction. It'll benefit us in so many ways - I just can't wait to set off! Our house looks like a squat now because we've sold all the furniture ahead of the sale completion date, lol, but we daren't book our flights in case the sale falls through or is pushed back!

XXX

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Rebecca

I'm currently enjoyed Eleven Terrible Months and have reached Chris's story. I was initially attracted to the ghost element of the story, but the real draw has turned out to be the family dynamics that are so accurately portrayed. As a mother of teenagers I found the mother's story very poignant at times. What I am wondering is how you have managed to step into so many people's shoes and understand their thoughts etc - I'm in admiration of your ability to do so.

Hi Rebecca

I'm currently enjoyed Eleven Terrible Months and have reached Chris's story. I was initially attracted to the ghost element of the story, but the real draw has turned out to be the family dynamics that are so accurately portrayed. As a mother of teenagers I found the mother's story very poignant at times. What I am wondering is how you have managed to step into so many people's shoes and understand their thoughts etc - I'm in admiration of your ability to do so.

Hi Judy B, I apologise for this late reply and wish you and everyone reading a very Happy New Year. :friends0:

Thanks so much for reading and reviewing Eleven Terrible Months!

I

Thanks Rebecca - I wish you every success for 2008.

It is very realistic that Sue's children only allowed her to know what they wanted her to know and that she had to fathom the rest out - my youngest can be very much like that. In the case of Chris I thought it was sad that he did that because, for example, they didn't realise how much he loved his car wash job and so when he lost they weren't able to appreciate how much of a blow it was to him. It was that lack of communication that made his story so sad to me - although his was the funniest at times also.