What Are You Watching Now? - 2020

Athena

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What did you think of it?  We've got one more ep to go, I thought I had it sussed by the 3rd one but the last two have been pretty much incomprehensible.  Looks good though.

• 1 month later...
On 7/14/2020 at 8:34 PM, Madeleine said:

What did you think of it?  We've got one more ep to go, I thought I had it sussed by the 3rd one but the last two have been pretty much incomprehensible.  Looks good though.

Sorry Madeleine, I didn't get a notification for your reply. I really loved this series, I'd like to read the book sometime. Thought the acting was superb.

Just started watching The Singapore Grip which looks promising. Also the Miss Marple TV series with Geraldine McEwan. These are excellent and include many well known actors.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm enjoying "Why Women Kill" (on Alibi in the UK), which is a sort of slightly edgier version (more swearing, bit of nudity) of Desperate Housewives (it has the same writer), very entertaining and some great lines.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/18/2020 at 4:33 AM, poppy said:

Watched the first episode of Outlanders. I'm hooked!

I tried Outlanders but just couldn't get into it.

I am watching Utopia on Amazon Prime. Written by Gillian Flynn. Probably you all in the UK have watched a similar series. :)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8303474/

Edited by muggle not

• 3 weeks later...

The Mandolorian, Series 2 "The Marshel"

Tatooine - Mando walks into a bar......

Great first episode.....beautiful landscape and gunslinging to the max. The Childs' ears flap in the wind....*cute overload* :giggle:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Did anyone watch the second series of His Dark Materials?  Overall I found it disappointing, it was sluggish with some awful dialogue.  It just about redeemed itself with the last two episodes, especially the final one last night, but the book was much better.

On a lighter note, I really enjoyed Strictly Come Dancing this year, and was really pleased with the winner!

51 minutes ago, Madeleine said:

Did anyone watch the second series of His Dark Materials?  Overall I found it disappointing, it was sluggish with some awful dialogue.  It just about redeemed itself with the last two episodes, especially the final one last night, but the book was much better.

On a lighter note, I really enjoyed Strictly Come Dancing this year, and was really pleased with the winner!

I watched and enjoyed the first series, and felt comfortable with the changes they made from the books. The second series has been recorded, and I will settle down to watch that in the new year. Having seen a few of the previews I have been a bit worried about this second series, but will try to not be too nervous about it. *gulp*

5 hours ago, Raven said:

Enjoy! (I didn't see that ending coming!)

4 episodes today, and in The Jedi we now know the name of The Child!! I won’t do a spoiler, just to say “who the flip thought up the name for The Child..:10_confused:.

Methinks I will still refer The Child as Baby Yoda. Though I think I might use it if/when I feel a little under the weather, during the festive season....

8 hours ago, Marie H said:

The last episodes of The Mandolorian. Well, that last one was spectacular, especially the jaw dropping WOW moment!! 

Spoiler

I was expecting Ashoka to pop up again; it never crossed my mind they would try working Luke into the story!

Did you watch right to the end of the credits, by the way?

Edited by Raven
  • Like 1