Star Wars Books

chicken

I have been given a Star wars book ( I love the films :welcome:) I didn't realise there were Star Wars Books :006: are they books of the films? Are they any good? How many are there? Where can I get my hands on them? Why have I never seen them before ???? So many questions ;) Sorry to be a pest.

What is the title of the book? as far as i know there are books of the films but also a HUGE range of books/comics that are not based on the film but continue/expand the starwars universe, i know there are several hundred (At least) comic books that expand the universe, there are *loads* of books too.

For the films, there are nine books. Beef is right: There are comic versions based on cartoons, but the first Star Wars books have nine in total. Of course, if you have seen the films you will know that first, 4, 5, and 6 were made, and then 1, 2 , and 3 (because George Lucas said that he wold not make the first three until the special FX industry was up to scratch). The other three of course have not yet been made. You can get them on Amazon, but take care not to get mixed up with the comic and other various versions. The ones you want if you want to read the main story are called Star Wars:Legacy of the Force, and all have there own indivdual titles as well.

Crikey ! lots of Star Wars books about. The one I have is Episode 2 Attack of the Clones, so I should think its a film book. Hmmm that means if Ice Cream is right I have 8 to find :readingtwo: I will have to wait until I have them all before I start reading them tho, because it drives me mad if I know I have to find the next one in the series. Thanks for your help :readingtwo:

I think that a lot if these are fillers. I knew there were some books in berween the main ones that sort of filled out the story, eithergiving a background, or telling you what was going on elsewhere during a certain time in another book, but there are only nine main stories. I also knew that there were other eras, but wasn't sure what they were about.

It seems to be rather like Tolkien's world, with a few main stories, and extra ones added in.

• 9 months later...
Some are amazin, some are truely awful.

Ah, so you've read The Crystal Star as well then?!

I started out reading Star Wars hardbacks when they were first published in the early nineties, and was going great guns with the series until they started churning them out by the bucket load and I just didn't have the inclination or will to keep up.

And then The Phantom Menace came out and I don't think I've read a Star Wars novel since!

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...