Read-a-thon 2020

Athena

15 hours ago, Marie H said:

I’ll be in the read-a-thon this weekend. My mojo is in tip top condition; well, to be honest, all I am doing is eat, drink, read and sleeping! :lol: . But in a good way.

I hope you will be able to read lots and have lots of fun! :)

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, Athena said:

I just wanted to say: Happy reading to you all this weekend! :readingtwo:^_^:).

Thanks Gaia, you too, and everyone else for that matter.

I’ve been quite busy today but managed 60 pages of Fleishman is in Trouble so far and will spend most of the evening reading as well.

On 01/12/2020 at 4:09 PM, Marie H said:

I’ll be in the read-a-thon this weekend. My mojo is in tip top condition; well, to be honest, all I am doing is eat, drink, read and sleeping! :lol: . But in a good way.

This sounds like perfection :lol:

I’ve got a busy few days unfortunately but I’m going to try to at least finish The Other World, It Whispers for the read-a-thon!

I hope everyone is still enjoying their reading! 

22 hours ago, karen.d said:

You too! I will be starting to read shortly.

I hope you had and are having fun :). How is Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine?

13 hours ago, Brian. said:

Thanks Gaia, you too, and everyone else for that matter.

I’ve been quite busy today but managed 60 pages of Fleishman is in Trouble so far and will spend most of the evening reading as well.

Well done, are you liking Fleischman is in Trouble?

8 hours ago, Hayley said:

I’ve got a busy few days unfortunately but I’m going to try to at least finish The Other World, It Whispers for the read-a-thon!

I hope everyone is still enjoying their reading! 

I hope you like The Other World, It Whispers!

On Thursday I read:

Sankakuhead - Himouto! Umaru-chan 7: Volume 7
Julie Dachez, Mademoiselle Caroline and Fabienne Vaslet - Invisible Differences (La Différence Invisible)
Ann M. Martin and Gail Galligan (col. Braden Lamb) - The Baby-Sittersclub Graphic Novels 8: Logan Likes Mary Anne!

Ann M. Martin and Katy Farina (col. Braden Lamb) - Baby-Sitters Little Sister Graphic Novels 2: Karen's Roller Skates
Rebecca Burgess - How to be Ace

And the first fairty tale in: Deltas - Betoverende sprookjeswereld

Friday:

Deltas - Betoverende sprookjeswereld, finishing it.
Various Authors - Verhalen voor Girls
Dana Simpson - Phoebe and her Unicorn 1: Phoebe and her Unicorn

Today it's Saturday and I won't be doing much reading I think (hence why I did it Thursday instead).

Happy reading to you all this weekend!!

5 hours ago, Athena said:

Well done, are you liking Fleischman is in Trouble?

It's ok so far. There is a lot of internal monologue and not a huge amount of plot progression but I do keep wanting to read on which is a good sign.

19 hours ago, Marie H said:

Plenty of reading/listening time yesterday, and I managed 4 hours. Hopefully the same today as well.

Nice :)!!

18 hours ago, Brian. said:

It's ok so far. There is a lot of internal monologue and not a huge amount of plot progression but I do keep wanting to read on which is a good sign.

I hope it gets better :).

I didn't read much yesterday during the day, as I could not concentrate on reading while I heard talking on the background. I did read for about an hour and a half in bed in the evening.

Saturday:

Andy Griffiths and Terry Danton - Treehouse 3: The 39-Storey Treehouse (re-read)

Tim Collins - Diary of Dorkius Maximus 1: Diary of Dorkius Maximus (re-read)

They both have a lot of illustrations in them, and they were both re-read so they read fast.

Finished Ben Aaronovitch’s Tales from the Folly, short stories from theRivers of London series. They were quite good stories, especially the one from the Herefordshire Foxglove Summer characters.

I finished Fleishman is in Trouble this morning. Having finished it I thought it was ok but nothing more than that. Some of the writing was good and I did laugh out loud at one point but I hated every single character, and this undermined what the author was trying to achieve in my opinion. 

This afternoon I will probably read some of The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle and also start something a bit lighter before bed.

Edited by Brian.

17 hours ago, Marie H said:

Finished Ben Aaronovitch’s Tales from the Folly, short stories from theRivers of London series. They were quite good stories, especially the one from the Herefordshire Foxglove Summer characters.

I'm glad the short stories were good! :)

16 hours ago, Brian. said:

I finished Fleishman is in Trouble this morning. Having finished it I thought it was ok but nothing more than that. Some of the writing was good and I did laugh out loud at one point but I hated every single character, and this undermined what the author was trying to achieve in my opinion. 

This afternoon I will probably read some of The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle and also start something a bit lighter before bed.

Shame about the Fleishman book :(. I hope The Power of Now will be a better read.

Yesterday I felt too tired to read for most of the day, but later on in the day I managed to read Happy Howlidays! (book 2 in Dog Diaries series) by Steven Bulter and James Patterson (ill. by Richard Watson). I then started Solutions and Other Problems by Allie Brosh, I went to bed when I got too sleepy to read.

I hope you all had a good read-a-thon and a fun time this past weekend! I had fun :).

I will put up the schedule for next year's read-a-thons in a while. I have it already made, but I didn't want to post it too early in December.

On 12/5/2020 at 8:09 AM, Athena said:

I hope you had and are having fun :). How is Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine?

I'm actually really enjoying it this time around. I must have been in the wrong mood to read this book. Overall this weekend, I managed to read 227 pages of this book.

On 07/12/2020 at 11:48 AM, karen.d said:

I'm actually really enjoying it this time around. I must have been in the wrong mood to read this book. Overall this weekend, I managed to read 227 pages of this book.

Oh yay, I'm glad you are enjoying it much more this time around! Yes, it can really make me dislike a book if I'm in the wrong mood to read it.

On 12/10/2020 at 12:00 PM, Athena said:

Oh yay, I'm glad you are enjoying it much more this time around! Yes, it can really make me dislike a book if I'm in the wrong mood to read it.

I finished 'Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine' yesterday and loved it!

• Athena unpinned this topic