Caboodle Hidden Books Game 2019

It's that time of year again! https://caboodle.nationalbooktokens.com/hiddenbooks/?competition=14

I love playing the Hidden Books game. I think the chances of actually winning a years supply of books from it are probably extremely low, but it's still a lot of fun.

Who else is playing? How many do you have so far?

I'm on 10, but now I'm stuck on basically the whole right hand side of the picture!

I'd not heard of this before.  I went in over-confidently -- I've correctly guessed just three so far.  :lol:  These are difficult!  

Edit:  With the help of several Mumsnet threads, I got 'em all!  That's not cheating, right? 

Edited by Onion Budgie
I cheated.

3 hours ago, Onion Budgie said:

I'd not heard of this before.  I went in over-confidently -- I've correctly guessed just three so far.  :lol:  These are difficult!  

Edit:  With the help of several Mumsnet threads, I got 'em all!  That's not cheating, right? 

It is hard isn’t it! Addictive though.

I think it depends on what you mean by ‘help’ :giggle2:

Can you give a clue for the car? Is the book modern or classic? I have no idea for that one. 

2 hours ago, Onion Budgie said:

It's modern.

Look at the car, what country does it suggest?

What does the theme suggest?

Hope that helps!

I still don’t know what it is but that does help, thanks :) I hadn’t really thought about the type of car!

On 19/11/2019 at 2:10 PM, Onion Budgie said:

No, I didn't see how to get that?

Do you want the answer or just a clue?

If you want a clue, look for something you might buy in a bookshop.

I did see a post on twitter by caboodle saying that, if you’ve finished the game, you should click to start again to find the extra clue. You don’t have to fill the rest in again though. 

On 21/11/2019 at 11:37 AM, Onion Budgie said:

Aha, I see it now, thanks!

Did you find all the books you were missing?

No! I'm still completely stuck on 'Angel's Butchers', the sign that says 'District of Columbia', the two people walking and the greengrocers. I'm just guessing at random at this point, so any clues appreciated :lol: 

3 hours ago, Hayley said:

No! I'm still completely stuck on 'Angel's Butchers', the sign that says 'District of Columbia', the two people walking and the greengrocers. I'm just guessing at random at this point, so any clues appreciated :lol: 

Butcher's:  Look at the two types of item in the main window; see how they're positioned in relation to each other.

Columbia:  What state is Columbia in?  Then add a colour!

Two people:  Look at their shirts, think of another simile.  Then think of another general word for "humans".

Greengrocer:  Pay attention to what fruit is on display!  

2 hours ago, Onion Budgie said:

Butcher's:  Look at the two types of item in the main window; see how they're positioned in relation to each other.

Columbia:  What state is Columbia in?  Then add a colour!

Two people:  Look at their shirts, think of another simile.  Then think of another general word for "humans".

Greengrocer:  Pay attention to what fruit is on display!  

Yay I finally got them all! Thanks :lol:. I would never have got the butchers one! 

• 4 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, SusieH said:

Hi.  I am completely stuck on Coco/Daisy and the Semperer bookshop - would love some clues (rather than answers!)

Thanks

Hi, welcome to the forum :) 

Sempere & Sons is really hard if you haven't read the book it's related to. You could google the name of the bookshop, otherwise think of what gets cast by sunlight and what kind of weather you can't use an umbrella in...

I also got stuck on Coco/Daisy. Try to think of a thing you could buy that might be called either Coco or Daisy. 

26 minutes ago, Hayley said:

Hi, welcome to the forum :) 

Sempere & Sons is really hard if you haven't read the book it's related to. You could google the name of the bookshop, otherwise think of what gets cast by sunlight and what kind of weather you can't use an umbrella in...

I also got stuck on Coco/Daisy. Try to think of a thing you could buy that might be called either Coco or Daisy. 

Thanks Hayley - have sorted Sempere, but still mystified on Coco/Daisy!