Favourite fantasy book

Renius

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't been able to read all the books currently out save for the first book (they're in my growing-by-the-day TBR pile of course), but A Game of Thrones, by George R. R. Martin, from the A Song of Ice and Fire series, is, to this day, my favorite work in the fantasy genre.

I have read a few fantasy books by different authors and enjoyed them all but I have to say that my all time fave has to be Anne McCaffrey and the Pern series. Now her son Todd has started wring on his own. His first book Dragonsblood was brillient rhe same standrad as his mum as he wrote with her in 2 books about pern and this is his first book about Pern.

• 2 weeks later...

zomg! cant believe no ones mentioned RA Salvatore and his masterpiece books. they're a little more complex but its still popular today being like 20 years old. i cant play an online game w/ out seeing a reference to one of his characters. Drizzt is simply Bad:censored:ss !

zomg! cant believe no ones mentioned RA Salvatore and his masterpiece books. they're a little more complex but its still popular today being like 20 years old. i cant play an online game w/ out seeing a reference to one of his characters. Drizzt is simply Bad:censored:ss !

I'm going to disagree with you there, RA Salvatore's Drizzt novel move from being passable to being downright awful. The Crystal Shard was ok, but the rest just keep getting worse.