Favourite fantasy book

Renius

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really read much in the way of fantasy apart from Terry Pratchett's Discworld series, but I see them as more satirical.

I do love Maia by Richard Adams though - it's a bit saucy, and very thick, but very good!

I think I prefer The Hobbit to The Lord of the Rings, but it's been a while since I've read it.

There's Harry Potter of course, and I love a trilogy by Jonathan Wylie called The Unbalanced Earth and another standalone book called Dreamweaver.

echo I LOVE your avatar!

Thanks!! It's a picture called Fairy Queen. I love fairies, and I love the color green, so there you go!:welcome:

As for fantasy, besides The Lord of the Rings, I love The Silmarillion, Harry Potter, and classics like Grimm's Fairy Tales.

I like fantasy. Read tolkiens 'The Hobbit'.....and the first two books of LOTR, after that i couldn't go any further. Just got bogged down in mind numbing detail.

I've read a few books based on games workshop's warhammer world. Although mainly aimed at kids and young adults, it's surprisingly very dark. I enjoyed them immensly.

Never read 'Harry Potter'. I don't think i could read them to be honest, although i enjoyed the movie 'The Philosophers Stone'.

Terry Pratchett. Never,ever read anything from Mr P.

Fritz Leiber. Wasn't this guy credited with starting the 'sword & sorcery' genre?....Well i've never read anything from this guy also. Although i've heard good things about his writing.

The Sight by David Clement-Davies

All Harry Potters

Wolf Brother by Michelle Paver

Spirit Walker by Michelle Paver

Soul Eater by Michelle Paver

Outcast by Michelle Paver

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...