Seasonal Reading

Hayley

23 hours ago, megustaleer said:

Don't expect The Pale Horse to be anything like the TV version of a couple of years ago. There is much less of the occult in it.

Given the post you are replying to is nearly two years old, I suspect that ship may have sailed by now!

• 1 month later...

I ducked into a charity shop to get out of the rain a few days ago (I wasn't looking for books - honest) and spotted A Very Murderous Christmas, a collection of short stories I remember someone reviewing on here (Chrissy maybe?). I will definitely be reading that one this December now! I love that the cover has a typical isolated house in a bleak landscape, but the title is flagged by cheerful little sprigs of holly :lol:.

• 3 weeks later...

I finished The Shape of Darkness last night, I must admit I was brought up a bit short by the abrupt ending.  

Spoiler

I did start to suspect Simon was not to be trusted about halfway through the book.  I didn't see the twist with Mamma and Cedric.  I do wonder how much was in Agnes's mind.

Edited by Madeleine