Sign in to follow this  
Eli Steele

Hi!

Hi!

I'm Eli, fan of GRRM, JRRT, people with 4 initials in general, Abercrombie, Erikson - all things fantasy. 
I'm also a fantasy writer myself. 
Nice to meet you!

Hi Eli, welcome to the forum :) 

I'm also a fan of Tolkien and Abercrombie. Are you looking forward to 'A Little Hatred'?

Welcome here! I liked the A Song of Ice and Fire books (eagerly awaiting books 6 and 7.. whenever they come out). I have works by Abercrombie and Erikson on my to-be-read list. I read Gardens of the Moon years ago, when my knowledge of English was less good, and the book really confused me. So I'm planning to one day re-read it and hopefully understand it a bit better. I liked The Hobbit.

HI Eli, I'm not generally a fantasy fan but like LOTR and GoT.  Welcome to the forum!

On ‎9‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 2:18 PM, Hayley said:

Hi Eli, welcome to the forum :) 

I'm also a fan of Tolkien and Abercrombie. Are you looking forward to 'A Little Hatred'?

I always said I needed a little hatred in my life... ;)

12 hours ago, Athena said:

Welcome here! I liked the A Song of Ice and Fire books (eagerly awaiting books 6 and 7.. whenever they come out). I have works by Abercrombie and Erikson on my to-be-read list. I read Gardens of the Moon years ago, when my knowledge of English was less good, and the book really confused me. So I'm planning to one day re-read it and hopefully understand it a bit better. I liked The Hobbit.

The warrens confused the heck out of me, so don't feel alone in that.  It was a tough read, but I enjoyed it. 

I absolutely loved ASoI&F… like a decade ago.  I still do, don't get me wrong, but I think he'll ever finish the series.  I'm disappointed in him...

11 hours ago, Eli Steele said:

I absolutely loved ASoI&F… like a decade ago.  I still do, don't get me wrong, but I think he'll ever finish the series.  I'm disappointed in him...

I'm disappointed in him too.. I wonder if we will see books 6 and 7.. I'd love to read them, but he seems to spend more time on the TV show, and on other background books (ie. the background of the world etc), which is not what I want to read.

Maybe now the show has finished....:unsure:

Welcome Eli, ever read any Jack Vance? He is one of GRRM's influences.