New name, new me.

Quinn

Hello!

I was on this forum for a couple years as dtrpath.  I'm not sure if anyone from a few years back remembers.

Anyway, a lot has changed since then.  Shortly after the last time I posted, I had a traumatic brain injury.  With that, I lost the ability to read books -- really to read and understand anything beyond the shortest, most basic text.  All writing was done with the help of predictive text.

So, after a year or so, I finally was able to read a book again, but it was so arduous that my love of reading was gone. 

It's now almost three years since my injury, and I've found that I can enjoy and understand in small doses.  I recently remembered this group (a lot of memories are gone or intermittently recovered) and I am happy to see that it is still here!

I probably will never be as active as I once was, but I look forward to finding out what has happened in the world of books that I missed during my injury and recovery. 

Happy reading!

Quinn

Hey Quinn!

I remember you :friends3:! It's good to 'see' you again :D.

I'm so sorry about your traumatic brain injury :(:empathy:.

I'm glad you're doing a bit better since then.

The forum has changed owners and some people have left. I too am happy it is still here.

I hope to see you around the forum,

xx

Gaia

Hi!!!

Thank you for the welcome! I remember both of you, too!

I see some familiar names are still here.  I joined the Facebook group as well just to see what's new. Some things have changed, some see the same.

It's good to be back!

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/14/2019 at 5:43 AM, vodkafan said:

Hi Quinn, I remember you too. Glad that you are on the mend, hopefully your reading ability will improve and help make new neural connections along the way?

Anyway glad you are still with us, welcome back :flowers2:

Vodkafan! It's wonderful to see that you're still around. Thank you for the virtual bouquet.

I have found some interesting changes, particularly in art and writing.  If I recall correctly (quite possibly, I won't), don't you write?

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎23‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 10:23 PM, Quinn said:

Vodkafan! It's wonderful to see that you're still around. Thank you for the virtual bouquet.

I have found some interesting changes, particularly in art and writing.  If I recall correctly (quite possibly, I won't), don't you write?

I did write for a while, It's been paused for a good bit though, I intend to get back to it..